Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

T Sport Abs Sensor

jennyt125

Hi,

Is anyone else having trouble with ABS sensors playing up? Mine first one went when the car was less than 12 months old and was replaced under warranty, it went again (same wheel) 8 months later and now it has gone again but this time Toyota are refusing to replace it saying any part replaced under warranty is only guaranteed as long as the car's warranty - not the usual two years!! :angry: I don't dare ask how much one of these costs but surely if my car has got through three sensors in less than four years then there must be a fault somewhere which Toyota should sort out?

Just curious to see if anyone else had a similar problem.

Thanks, Jenny

Never heard of this prob... but the fact it's gone wrong so often leads me to believe that Toyota havn't done anything about it at all in the first instance.

No way should you have to pay for it... it's a persistent fault that they can't rectify, therefore they should fix it or offer you compensation. If you get no luck with your dealer i'd sugest writing them (the head-office of that dealer, say Benfield) a letter explaining your situation and what you think is reasonable. Hopefully they'll offer to fix it, if not, another letter explaining that you are well within your rights to take the matter up with Toyota themselves and even the DfT under the consumer rights act thingy.

Stick it to them... no-way should you have to be paying for this.

Hope you get it sorted! :thumbsup:

that sensor went on my car after 12 months of me having the car from brand new they rerplaced it and i havent had no problems with it since

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links