Do Not Sell My Personal Information

No More T Sports?

jane-b

Been looking at the Toyota UK web site and there are no options to buy a brand new T-Sport! :crybaby:

Am I now driving around in rare car now? :bye:

As was the previous T-sport not realeased until after the 1.0l and 1.3l version were first in the UK, no doubt the T-psort will be released afetr the others in the uk too. Current generation Yaris production has stopped, and the new generationproduction has begun.

T-Sport hasnt been on there for a while..... they are stopping making them as far as I'm aware in preparation for the new Yaris in January, of which the T-Sport will not be immediately available.

I'm not sure why they've stopped the Corolla T-Sport though - very odd!

And the T-Sport Yaris will never be rare! There are more of them on here than there are all non-TS Yaris' put together! :lol:

I know about the Corolla, it’s due to the emissions. It will be illegal to sell the Corolla T Sport new after the 1st January 2006 so they are bowing out with a super charged version in its final 2 months.

I know about the Corolla, it’s due to the emissions. It will be illegal to sell the Corolla T Sport new after the 1st January 2006 so they are bowing out with a super charged version in its final 2 months.

Not illegal surely? They're doing this voluntarily aren't they? If not then manufacturers like Porsche presumably can't sell a thing because there's not a single model in their range that's as economical as a T-Sport.

Its not illegal..... I think Toyota are just trying to be a bit greener and be known as such.... it has to meet new standards, and doesnt, so off it goes, presumably along with the MR2, Celica & Previa!

yep they are not building any more corolla t-sports because of emission rules from the eec...so they are building a 1.8 or something which will be way faster than it but easier on fuel

Thanks for posting that Jane - interesting article. You're right, it does say illegal and outlawed!

What I don't understand though is that they're saying goodbye to the T Sport by releasing a variant of it that's produces over 10% more CO2 per km. (As the article says the supercharged version is raised from 198 g/km to 218 g/km).

And of its main rivals (Golf, Astra, Focus) only the Golf has a lower figure than this - the Astra VXR is rated at 223g/km and the Focus ST at 224g/km. So are those cars on the way out too?

It's because the current T-Sport doesn't meet Euro IV emission regulations. Not necessarily to do with C02, more to do with all kinds of emissions... like excess heat, particles, carbon monoxide and other general gases.... it ain't clean enough unfortunatley.

For some reason though, the newer, faster corolla meets the regulations... think they put some gunk in the CAT, but that's it!

Let's just hope that with the demise of these faster toyota's they have the balls to release a maaahooosive new supra or something that just anihilates the competition in every way!

There is a new T- sport coming out, they have some information on the new test drive magzine. its suppose to be priced under £14k using a toyota corolla 1.6L engine pumping out 109bhp and suppose to be out on sale late 06. its vs the nissan micra 160SR have a look the book only cost £1.99

yes you will pass mot!

Weve been through all of this lots of times lately! They are getting rid of cars with high emissions to make way for new ones with smaller emissions.

Corolla t-sport, yaris verso and avensis verso have all stopped production. It will be hard if it is illegal as they dont make them anymore

so us with old yaris t sport will still pass mot etc?

cheers

Yes, the Euro IV regulations that outlaw the cars in question only apply to new cars.

seveer unaek - yes, you're right apparently the problem isn't the CO2 rating, it's the other emissions. Just seems strange to me that with CO2 being such a big problem they have addressed the other emissions with a car that has a higher CO2 rating. I suppose they have to add some performance to get people to pay up for the supercharger.

so us with old yaris t sport will still pass mot etc?

cheers

Yes, the Euro IV regulations that outlaw the cars in question only apply to new cars.

seveer unaek - yes, you're right apparently the problem isn't the CO2 rating, it's the other emissions. Just seems strange to me that with CO2 being such a big problem they have addressed the other emissions with a car that has a higher CO2 rating. I suppose they have to add some performance to get people to pay up for the supercharger.

It's all very strange indeed... C02 has been made such a big deal of... what with business users being taxed amounts based on the C02 outputs and such like, yet here we have a car with less C02 emissions that isn't worthy in other areas... never heard of it from anywhere else... odd indeed!

Another odd thing... I was correct! :o World's gone Topsy-Turvy!