Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Newbie With A Few Questions...

markoibook

Hi peeps!

I'm new here - basically because I am thinking of buying a Yaris, but I would like to ask you guys for some advice!

Basically, I'm looking at getting a secondhand Yaris (probably about 3-4 years old), and ideally want to get a T-Sport!

I just wanted to ask you guys what your opinions of the T-Sport are - I have a mate who has a Corolla T-Sport, and its great!

How does the T Sport compare with other models, such as the T-Spirit, and what kind of economy do you get. I commute 50 miles round trip each day down the M4 - am I likley to get a good economy?

Finally, I'm based in Reading/Newbury area - does anyone have experience of the dealers round here - are there any really good ones, or bad ones I should avoid.

Any hints or tips on buying?

Thanks in advance,

Marko!

Economy will depend on how heavy your right foot is, but I believe about 35mpg is average (Owners will correct me if I'm wrong).

The T-sport is the 1.5, and T-spirit is 1.3.

They'll both come with electric goodies, but check on specs.

T-Spirit you get all the mod cons, like air con, electric side mirrors, sunroof etc etc - T-Sport adds an alarm & 15" alloys instead of 14"ers!

You'll get good economy, but like Gnome says, its dependant on how heavy your feet are! ;)

T-Sports are great, there are a lot of them on here as you may well notice ;). The average consumption on our T-Sport is 47 mpg and that is since she was brought back in June 2002. I'd exchange my Yaris Blue 1.3 for one if could because I like them so much.

I have a 25 mile all around trip to work and back each day, used to be 8 miles worth of Dual Carriageway each way but now it's about 10 as I go a longer route now to avoid traffic. Luckily I go in the opposite way of the London flow so can go above 60 at least all the time, usually can be found at 70 mph and no faster tho ;) Petrol lasts me 2-3 weeks, 330 miles is what she does to a tank easily...have been up to something like 380 at a push but then I got too nervous and filled up! I don't see why you wouldn't get a good economy really apart from if you had an extremely "heavy" right foot :lol: which does seem to appear on a lot of T-Sport owners here ;)

No good at Yaris advice but the local Toyota Dealer in Reading is superb, I used ot live in Oxford but drive over to the Reading Dealership because they were so good :D

No good at Yaris advice but the local Toyota Dealer in Reading is superb, I used ot live in Oxford but drive over to the Reading Dealership because they were so good :D

Cool - nice to hear that Reading has a good dealership(I assume Octagon). Anyone know or have any experience of any other dealers?

Also, will a dealer source a specific car from another toyota dealership for you? And if so how much does that cost?

I only ask as I know that T Sports are relatively hard to come buy.

Finally - I know that the Yaris is due to be replaced in January - any one know if there are any good deals on or planned to get rid of stock - I may be tempted by a new model if the price is right...

The T-Sport has effectively been discontinued for now, although the replacement wont be along in January with the brand new Mk2.... so you can probably pick up a nearly-new T-Sport up for a bargain right about now.... :thumbsup:

Dealers should be able to get you any car you want, as long as its registered on their network - should also be free as far as I know... :thumbsup: