Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Cold Winter

ashley karyl

Yes its unusually mild down here in Cornwall at the moment. Last year we had the heating turned on at the start of October but we still haven't done so this year and we are heading towards the middle of November. I have a feeling that the change will be pretty dramatic when it comes. I am just debating whether or not to get the air conditioning recharged on the car to demist the windows quickly in the morning. I think it costs about £70.

Ohh could make the drive to work interesting, i have to come over some tops to get to work to avoid the motorway (For those of you who know Manchester, motorways between 7:30 and 9 = Car parks)

Not looking forward to being marooned in the house though :wacko:

dont mind driving in the snow, it makes driving more interesting...

getting to work will be fun, i have to drive up a very steep hill, no chance at all ill get in!

Does anybody have an idea how well Toyotas compare to other cars in cold weather and snow?

My car is totally crap in the snow :thumbsup:

I work in central heating so as soon as there's any cold weather the boilers go on & inevitably some have problems so if this is a cold winter it will be very busy for me. Last year was pretty warm by England's standards so it wasn't too bad but if the predictions are true I'll probably have my head up my  :censor:  all winter.

My Dad's in the same business too, certainly keeps him busy and the bills paid :D

It's chilly again today here, I've had to come home early from work ill so I'm hiding indoors until I have to venture out to the Doctors in the cold!!! Also saw on the weather forecast about 100 mph winds or something for Scotland tonight?

the best car I ever owned for driving in ice/snow was a metro. It had dead thin tyres which seemed to grip a lot better. It was completely **** the rest of the time but it was fun in the snow.

And it had the bonus that you didn't really car about sliding into anything! :lol: I hate going out in the snow in the celica - it slips and slides on anything

Many years ago I had a 1.0L fiesta bonus with small wheels which was pretty good in the snow. It was funny watching embarrassed Volvo drivers sliding around and unable to gain any traction

I've been hearing all this about the cold winter too, but the strange thing is that I haven't seen a snowflake yet this winter - pretty unusual for up here...

Snow tyres are my friends :yes:

A

So just after writing that someone came into the office and said there was a light covering on the top of the higher hills...

Typical :rolleyes:

A

Its been pouring with rain for the most part here but is starting to feel colder now and the temperature should fall by about 5C next week according to the forecast. I got the Toyota back from its service just now and it had the standard oil change etc, but on top of that it required a new interior light bulb costing 50p and some screen wash for 40p. I am so fed up because I heard that Toyotas are supposed to be reliable and problem free. I really wasn't expecting these big expenses :thumbsup:

Its been pouring with rain for the most part here but is starting to feel colder now and the temperature should fall by about 5C next week according to the forecast. I got the Toyota back from its service just now and it had the standard oil change etc, but on top of that it required a new interior light bulb costing 50p and some screen wash for 40p. I am so fed up because I heard that Toyotas are supposed to be reliable and problem free. I really wasn't expecting these big expenses  :thumbsup:

:eek: 90p! Talk about break the bank :lol:

It feels chilly here tonight compared to recent temperatures..we put the heating on yesterday too.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links