Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Modding A 1.3l For Twisties

[SLO] D.J.

Hello :D

I drive a red yaris 1.3 and would like some help with choosing the right mods. I want to improve handling and cornering&braking performance. It´s still bone stock now, but I had in mind these basic upgrades:

- wheels and tyres: 195/50/15 on Toyo Proxes; wanted 185/55/15 because they suit better, but are too expensive <_<; what´s the best ET? I have different info - 38 or 42?

- lowering (35mm?) on eibachs probably + stiffening the dampers

- upper front strut brace + upper rear strut brace

- upgrading the pads (thinking EBC) and maybe upgrading the discs to TS (any other suggestion?)

NOW I´m pleased with performance, so with 195 I´ll be probably a little unhappy, but I hope it will be much better on the corners. I will be probably looking at a filter and intake upgrade (filter upgrade and removing the "snorkel").

I expect go-kart handling and big losses on top speed and accelaration (I reach the end of 2nd gear in a little over 10sec).

Any comments/suggestion are welcome! :)

Hey

Welcome to the club!!

Sounds like you have a plan!All sounds good!

Check out the envy section at the bottom of the main forum!

CB :thumbsup:

ET38 are best for 15".. if you were going bigger then i personally would go for 42's.

You could also put an uprated rear antiroll bar on (swaybar) this will keep the front end level and the back end a little more lively.. and reduce understeer.

According to biofots only the hotchkis front sway bar will fit the 1.0l and 1.3l facelift ones, as this is the one he has, and has tried others i think. But your mods sound good mate, Envy performance has some nice discs and pads that may help with your stopping power.

I'll sell my HKS coilovers if the price is right aswell! :thumbsup:

Edit: Just seen your location, maybe not! :rolleyes:

I had the same grade of Yaris you had before swapping to this one, just thought I'd share that but you get colour coded mirrors..we don't!

Our T-Sport has Toyo Proxes on and they are good tyres, they handle well in all conditions & roads.

ET38 are best for 15".. if you were going bigger  then i personally would go for 42's.

You could also put an uprated rear antiroll bar on (swaybar) this will keep the front end level and the back end a little more lively.. and reduce understeer.

Thanx, it will be 38 then :)

Amm, sway bars are REALLY expensive stuff - what I´ve seen, it goes all the way to 200 pounds :blink: Maybe some time later :)

But your mods sound good mate, Envy performance has some nice discs and pads that may help with your stopping power.

My main problem is that I´m not from the UK, so shipping could be a problem. That´s why I thought of TS brakes. Is there a significant improvement? And we have Brembo discs to consider too. But I´d rather go with TS discs + EBC pads. We´ll see :)

I'll sell my HKS coilovers if the price is right aswell! :thumbsup:

Edit: Just seen your location, maybe not! :rolleyes:

Hehhehehehe, what´s a right price? Either way, I´d pay the shipping ;)

I had the same grade of Yaris you had before swapping to this one, just thought I'd share that but you get colour coded mirrors..we don't!

Our T-Sport has Toyo Proxes on and they are good tyres, they handle well in all conditions & roads.

Toyo or Bridgestone TE502 or something, same class as Prosex PXT1R. Will have to do some research before :)

Thanks for the comments people :lol:

195/50/15 is an excellent choice... that's whats on mine and the ride is fine and the grip is excellent.

Another cheap braking mod to consider is some better braking lines... i think goodgridge do them, they've been regularly voted best mod for the money!

Another cheap braking mod to consider is some better braking lines... i think goodgridge do them, they've been regularly voted best mod for the money!

I´ve thought about that too, yes. But I don´t know if I could get them in my country. Any online shop?