Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Scratch

zen20

hi, could someone advice me what to do since i had a minor collision with another car. it was nothing major since i was going really slow(under 5mph) and there wasnt any dents in my car but i have a scratch on my car's body near my back wheels. it has the paint of the other car. What should i do? How do i get rid of it?

Applying T Cut to the area affected might help. Its only a suggestion though, someone else here might have a better suggestion for you. <_<

mcguires scratch and swirl remover might take it off too... could be worth a try at only 8 quid ish

If the other car has left its paint you may be lucky and T-cut or ScratchX will sort it out, then give the area a polish...

If there is still underlying scratches or anything much deeper... and they really bug you, ther eis always people like ChipsAway *shrugs

Hope it all comes off with the former tho :thumbsup:

Yes you can get T-Cut and the Meguiars swirl remover both at Halfrauds, I saw them there last Tuesday when me and Yves went there.

I scraped my previous Island Green T3 on my Dad's garage door, left her with scratches and some horrible (& old) light green paint above the stone chip protectors on the rear passenger side by the wheel arch, used my Dad's T-Cut and it got rid of the paint and the majority of the scratches, I think there were a couple of deeper ones left but they were only visible if they were pointed out to you, if I didn't tell anyone then they weren't noticeable. I believe the T-Cut was around £2-£4 or so at Halfrauds, can't remember for definate.

Yeah, as JaydanWilde says. If there are any scratches that you can feel with a finger nail then you can only improve its appearence the t- cut.

T-cut and ScratchX are both abbrasives mind, so go easy. You might be able to remove the scuff with just polish but i doubt it. If you do use an abbrasive make sure to polish and wax after.

Yes you can get T-Cut and the Meguiars swirl remover both at Halfrauds, I saw them there last Tuesday when me and Yves went there.

Did you go in the one is rayleigh? I was in there last week and they have the pioneer in dash monitor i want :drool: ! Prob get it online though and save £600. I still need to be willing to part will £1000 first though!

What colour is your car?

Reason I ask is I've got a spare bottle of dark blue touch up paint (Carlo Blue) and we dont need that much....

Obviously not much help if your car isnt Carlo Blue.... but just on the off chance :thumbsup:

Did you go in the one is rayleigh? I was in there last week and they have the pioneer in dash monitor i want :drool: ! Prob get it online though and save £600. I still need to be willing to part will £1000 first though!

No we went to the one in Lakeside, 10 minutes up the road :) I was admiring the Sat Navs & did see a nice Pioneer Monitor I think...the one in Rayleigh is opposite the Sainsbury's near the dealership isn't it?

What colour is your car?

Reason I ask is I've got a spare bottle of dark blue touch up paint (Carlo Blue) and we dont need that much....

Obviously not much help if your car isnt Carlo Blue.... but just on the off chance  :thumbsup:

my car is silver but thanks for the offer tho :D

gona go Halfords to get it tomoro and see how it goes, need to wash my car anyway :rolleyes:

gona go halfords to get it tomoro and see how it goes, need to wash my car anyway  :rolleyes:

Me too, the dirt on mine is shocking :( I'm interested to know what you end up buying/using so can you let us know please if you find it to be any good.

What colour is your car?

Obviously not much help if your car isnt Carlo Blue.... but just on the off chance  :thumbsup:

my car is silver but thanks for the offer tho :D

gona go Halfords to get it tomoro and see how it goes, need to wash my car anyway :rolleyes:

Oh well, never mind - unless you fance blue racing stripes? :lol:

Hiya,

I'd pretty much recommend all of the above, although this job sounds a bit much for Scratch X. From my experience with the product, it's ok for hairline scratches but possibly not for what you have described.

I also agree with JJ - ChipsAway are good if it's a bit more than a treatment can handle. Actually it was JJ that put me onto them for my car (thanks! hehe) ages ago. Before I bought it, someone had left a nice key scratch on the passenger side which went close to the metal. Now you wouldn't even know and they do repairs on site (took about 2-3 hours).

If you search for ChipsAway or Chips Away, you'll get plently of info. :thumbsup:

No we went to the one in Lakeside, 10 minutes up the road :) I was admiring the Sat Navs & did see a nice Pioneer Monitor I think...the one in Rayleigh is opposite the Sainsbury's near the dealership isn't it?

i cant say i've actually seen sainsburys, or maybe i just dont remember :wacko: . But i know its opposite wickes and toyota is near wickes :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links