Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

My Last Mod Of The Year...

RossP

Well guys, my Carbon fibre bonnet arrived for down under today. Very impressed with it, even if it isn't as light as the C-One or the Varis one. It did however, fit without any problems, and the bonnet pins that I bought were not needed! The carbon fibre itself is based on an OEM toyota yaris bonnet frame, so i imagine that's why it fts perfectly. Only thing we had to adjust was the bonet catch to move up slightly so it would lock properly.

All i need now is a smal sticker or something over the two holes that were in place to place the bonnet Badge.

As my title says, this is my last mod of the year, as today (unexpectadly) the restaurant i work in shut 3 weeks earlier than it should have done for the end of the season, so i'm going to be short of cash.

Will get some pics up tomorrow, as it's pitch black outside :P

Yeah sounds kool! you mean the carbon bonnet also had two holes where the toyota Badge should go? if so why not just put the toyota Badge back on :D I wana see pics!

noo noo toyota Badge will stand out like a sore thumb, keep it flush mate

good work man cars comming on a treat, look forward to seeing the pictures, get them up :thumbsup:

if the indentions are big enough to worry you, try some silicon or get a vitz rs Badge and place it in the place where the other would be

once again :thumbsup: to ya lad it becoming a great looking car, aaa i remember when she was standard and had the beat up rear valance and now look at her :yes:

I would just leave it mate the holes arent noticeable but the Badge would look ****

Well i'm gonna hold onto the pins for the time being just in case i do feel that it needs to be hooked down so to speak. But otherwise, like i said, apart from having to unbolt the lock slightly, holding it up, and then rebolting it, it was fine, locks straightaway. I'd say it weighs about 7-8 kgs, but obviously i'm probably wrong :P

EDIT: Tom, here's some on eBay that i found for you ;)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Cosmic-Racing-Pro-Bo...bayphotohosting

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Universal-Chrome-Sil...bayphotohosting

Nice fit but not sure about the carbon bonnet against your light brows and grille. I like how the normal bonnet blends in seamlessly with the brows and now it look bit odd. Never been a fan of that grille though either tbh. You seen how a black tsport grill would look against the carbon as think that would look schweet!

But aslong as you like it, its a super fit!

There you go, ray's is a good example with the black grill instead of lester one! :yes: plus if there is light brows on yours ray (hard to see but looks it) them ones look better as dont run down the full edge of the bonnet so its less of a clash imo!

Ooo yeah seats look sweet but need the back ones removed with rollcage i reckon :P

I like Ray's but i had a black grill. If i want it again, i will put it back in! Back seats shall be replaced with some t-sport ones in the winter ;) If they're still available... :wacko:

IMGP2219.jpg

heres a picture of my car with the black grill, i reckon the grill that u got will suit sliver cars or cars without a carbon bonnet :)

leave them T-Sport seats alone!! they are mines!! :P or u could hav the back ones and i'll have the front seats :P

Ray

I tell ya what ray i'll cut ya a deal;

I already have some rear ones lined up, but i'll be looking for a T-sport at a salvage yard whilst i'm in uk for the dash and interior panels. I'll save you the seats :P

BTW i also got a tte front splitter waiting for me :P Our mods are uncanny :P

nice one dude im impressed, altho i have to say i prefer the stock grill im afriad, not a big fan of the lester

ray - man ur cars looking ace , good work !! front end looks mighty fine :thumbsup: altho get those bump strips colour coded

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links