Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Weve Got It!

Blaze

I have got to say, since lookin on the official toyota site as some 3d pics of the yaris MkII it has grown on me BUT i still dont prefer it to the P1. To me its a nice car but not a yaris and thats what angers me about it! Its more of a corrolla with some yaris styling. Nice car though just not a yaris!

I have got to say, since lookin on the official toyota site as some 3d pics of the yaris MkII it has grown on me BUT i still dont prefer it to the P1. To me its a nice car but not a yaris and thats what angers me about it! Its more of a corrolla with some yaris styling. Nice car though just not a yaris!

I disagree.... cars have to evolve, same as everything in this world. Evolution is natural. If Toyota kept the current Yaris forever then sales would slump - people want new cars, not the same car they were driving 5 years ago (MG Rover anyone? :rolleyes: )

It IS a Yaris, regardless of the fact it looks nothing like the previous one. Its the new, improved, evolved Yaris. :thumbsup:

I've argued it since day one, I've always stuck up for this car - and I will continue to do so!

Its a Yaris - end of story! :P

Hehe fair play Em :lol:

TBH I was never smitten by the Yaris when they were first released... but I ended up with one didn't I? Mmm don't think I'll be so easily swayed by this evolution though. Something just doesn't sit right with me. Maybe I'm too stuck in my ways.

No see thats where your wrong! yes the Yaris couldnt have continued production forever so fair enough end its production. Then release a new model like the new Aygo otherwise you have given asumptions to the new car before it has even been built meaning people will always compare it to the other yaris' whereas if they give it a new name people are more likely to see it as a NEW model rather than an improved one! :P

No see thats where your wrong! yes the Yaris couldnt have continued production forever so fair enough end its production. Then release a new model like the new Aygo otherwise you have given asumptions to the new car before it has even been built meaning people will always compare it to the other yaris' whereas if they give it a new name people are more likely to see it as a NEW model rather than an improved one! :P

End production? :o

Like Volkswagen should have done with the Golf you mean? Which is still one of the most successful cars in the UK over 25 years after it was launched!

New models are tricky, you always take a gamble with a new model - its a naw name, people wont take to it immediately. People are more likely to go out and buy the brand new Toyota Yaris instead of the brand new Toyota Woody (for example!) ;)

If a name is successful, you keep it - if not, then you consider a replacement model. Toyota would be cutting off their noses to spite their faces if they dropped the Yaris name! :yes:

If a name is successful, you keep it - if not, then you consider a replacement model. Toyota would be cutting off their noses to spite their faces if they dropped the Yaris name!  :yes:

like they did with the celica..

(and mr2)?

If a name is successful, you keep it - if not, then you consider a replacement model. Toyota would be cutting off their noses to spite their faces if they dropped the Yaris name!  :yes:

like they did with the celica..

(and mr2)?

But they are down to emissions arent they - and possibly they arent selling as many as they hoped? Not sure.... they sell more Yaris' than MR2's and Celica's I imagine.... :thumbsup:

They seem to be advertising it as "The All New Yaris" rather than the "Mark II" or something like that.

I wonder what we'll all end up calling it on here..... "TANY"? :lol:

The new Yaris Blaze was on about is now in our showroom, dont think its meant to be in there so if you want to have a look, better be quick. ;)

Funny people should mention sales of the Yaris, cause I was talking to one of the guys at Inchcape in Kidlington, and they were saying they've had their best Yaris sales in the last 5 years.

I suspect people are getting the deals in now before the new one comes out.

Funny people should mention sales of the Yaris, cause I was talking to one of the guys at Inchcape in Kidlington, and they were saying they've had their best Yaris sales in the last 5 years.

Yes, I think you're spot on there and I'm sure it will only get better when the new Yaris becomes available. Anyone thinking of upgrading to a newer, old-style (sorry, didn't mean it!) Yaris may be advised to sit on their hands and wallet for a little while longer.

I can guess why...

The Yaris has had more publicity on TV and in the press than it had for years and the offer of the genuinely attractive special editions (Blue and Colour Collection) along with incentives like "free" insurance and attractive finance rates have made the Yaris a far more attractive proposition than when I bought my first one 3 years ago. Honest...

Oh yeah, and Em is right in the discussion up above...

:thumbsup:

A

I love you Al!  :lol:  :thumbsup:

I love you too Em :thumbsup:

We constantly have similar discussions at work. every time we try to kill off a product sales jump and our MD is a coward and keeps the product on beside its replacement. That's why we sell 4 different variations on the theme of "compass in metal case" <_< In my opinion it just doesn't make sense :!Removed!: :rolleyes:

A

The new Yaris Blaze was on about is now in our showroom, dont think its meant to be in there so if you want to have a look, better be quick. ;)

Yeah matt i spotted it on my way out! Aiden and little paul were sat in it! :lol:

I can guess why...

The Yaris has had more publicity on TV and in the press than it had for years and the offer of the genuinely attractive special editions (Blue and Colour Collection) along with incentives like "free" insurance and attractive finance rates have made the Yaris a far more attractive proposition than when I bought my first one 3 years ago. Honest...

Oh yeah, and Em is right in the discussion up above...

:thumbsup:

A

Very true - plus Mr T have been hitting the Direct Marketing sector quite hard too. I've had a couple of 'offers' lately for me to trade in my SR for a new colour collection, with a good trade in value and discount on the new car. A very tempting offer if I wasn't looking to upgrade :thumbsup:

I think a lot of people have been tempted by this - I'm sure they'll be better offers next year though!

I have to say... to me it doesnt feel like a Yaris... I can see where people are coming from when they say mebbe they should have called it something else...

But I can also see where Em is coming from... and like the Golf... mebbe the Yaris has a while left in it....

I just think mebbe this model looks a little more drastically different... and so doesnt lend itself to the 'Yaris' name to some of those who have known and loved the Yaris for many years (remember I did own for for about 6 years lol)

Like with any 'upgrade' or 'evolution' of something, there are bound to be those who think the original was the best (P1 and P2 fans lol) there are others who love the new stuff....

Personal taste at end of day... but hey ho... I'm sticking to my MR2... cause she is fantastic ;)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links