Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The New Yaris

Caz SR

Are you going to buy the new Yaris in 2006?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Are you going to buy the new Yaris in 2006?

• Yes
    • No
    • Considering it

Hi this is my first ever poll. :thumbsup:

As the MKII Yaris is due to be unveiled in Mr T showrooms very soon, I wanted to get some basic feedback on how many members are actually considering buying one, particularly if you already own an 'original' :)

So get voting!

Cheers.

Yes.... maybe in 2006, maybe in 2007, but it will be mine, oh yes, it will be mine! :lol::lol:

Well unless something drastic happens before then, but I'm planning on buying a new car in a couple of years and the Yaris is in the running! :thumbsup:

Im going to have to say no as well. They could have done a lot better <_<

I voted no!

In its current guise i wouldnt consider buying one, but i may be bought round by a TS version!

Although by then i would be after a much more powerful car as age/insurance etc would permit whereas as i am some what restricted by these at the moment!

CB :thumbsup:

maybe?

looking to do another yaris project soon :yes:

which will either be an rather tasty imported RST! :D but with some heavy front end mods :rolleyes: and plenty of engine toys

or a new one in T-Sport spec, hopefully a turbo if they do one on this one aswell but with that rather lush C-One kit

I would consider it.. but not in 2006, possibly in 3 years time when finances are better... still keeping the P1 though.

No because Ive just got my T Sport, so got to keep that for a few years, then its replacement will be slightly faster Im sure. ;)

If i do get one it'll have to be in TS spec and supercharged.

Yeah would like to add if I buy one, I'm buying the T-Sport variant.... whats the point of me buying a 1.3 - I've already had two of them! :thumbsup:

I don't think anyone will be buying a UK T Sport version in 2006 simply because I doubt it will be available.

I won't be buying a new Yaris in 2006 as I'm still paying for this one.

No

i probably won't change my car for 3 or so years (mabey more) - then I'll see what i can afford, in the long run I feel like my next car would be a yaris TS, Honda Jazz sport or a civic - then after that - some sort of nissan coupe (s13,14,r32 etc)

well, can't a kid dream :D

I don't think anyone will be buying a UK T Sport version in 2006 simply because I doubt it will be available.

I won't be buying a new Yaris in 2006 as I'm still paying for this one.

Ditto - much as I'd love one :(

A

No i wont be buying one - not only due to the fact that both my cars are already faster- but i wouldnt stump up that much money for half a car - i cant believe the p1 yaris t-sport was £12k! - imo that is a joke!!! :o

any ideas on prices for the new one?

any ideas on prices for the new one?

Gonna be more expensive apparently....

It has got more toys though and is a bigger car.... :unsure: Current T-Spirit is 10.5k.... I can't imagine the new one being any more than 12k.... :unsure:

Im not convinced the yaris are worth that much money - i like to get lots of metal and bhp for my money - im not too bothered about extra folding mirrors and drink holders - id prefer them to put more effort into the engine etc - maybe im just too fussy?! :P

Im not convinced the yaris are worth that much money - i like to get lots of metal and bhp for my money - im not too bothered about extra folding mirrors and drink holders - id prefer them to put more effort into the engine etc - maybe im just too fussy?! :P

No, thats understandable.... personally I prefer toys over engine size & power.... :lol::thumbsup:

Think so.... the 1 litre engine is the new 3-cylinder one from the Aygo and the 1.3 is the same as the current one I think, same with the 1.4 D-4D....

Not sure on official figures though.... my 1.3 is 86bhp (bless its cottons!) :lol:

The current 1-litre are they 4 cylinder?

The power is pretty much average- i would defo want over 100 bhp (at the very least) for that much money though :)

Well, I'm hoping the new T-Sport has a bit of ooomph to be honest.... but its not a major reason for my purchase... I just want a bigger car and more toys to play with! :D

Yeah the new yaris does look to continue the gadgets and gizmos theme which i like about the yaris! Also i quite like its performance for the engine size but Tegan is right that they are expensive! Suppose its going to last you though and wont depreciate so its a better investment? They're cheaper to run and maintain (if nothing goes wrong as it shouldnt as often) than some cars that may be cheaper for the same performance. Tbh though Its more then just engine power. The skoda fabia 1.4 is 100hp. The 0-60 time is 11.5 secs with a top speed of 115! not very impressive specs from a 1.4 100hp! Anyway they are good little cars but yeah obviously would be nice to see them for a bit less....nows your chance if you dont mind havin a MkI!