Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

The New Yaris

Caz SR

Are you going to buy the new Yaris in 2006?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Are you going to buy the new Yaris in 2006?

• Yes
    • No
    • Considering it

Won't be buying a new Yaris, I can't afford one and I don't want one!

I'm looking for something a bit faster and a bit more old skool! :D :thumbsup:

no cause ive just bought a house and I cant afford one for the time been so it will be a long time yet before ill be changing and I dunno what its gonna be .but thinking bmw or merc ..dunno

Tegan is right that they are expensive! Suppose its going to last you though and wont depreciate so its a better investment?

How did you work that out? Robs p1 yaris on a 52 plate was £12k brand new - now three years on in 2005 its worth £6.5k maybe £7k

id call that rapid depreciation! Loss of half the value in 3 years! :o

I was just going on the fact that they are still expensive and hold there price relatively well. I just noticed it when looking at older models being more expensive than other cars! Also isnt your quote for depreciation not actually that bad? Also may it be due to the market changing with the release of the MKI? You may be right but i was under the impression the yaris held its price relatively well?

I bought my 02 SR for £6k over a year ago... cost near £11k brand new less than two years prior.

I don't think I will ever buy a brand new car, unless I knew I'd have it for 6+ years due to the depreciation. I'd rather let a previous owner fork out for the met paint, air con and all the factory extras then I'll have it for free a couple of years down the line :)

It's true - cars like the Yaris hold their value slightly more than Corsas/Fiestas etc but that's more down to the Japanese reliability.

Any new car will loose around £1k when you take it off the forecourt.

A lot of people think I'm off my trolley buying brand new.... twice.

But I'm particular - it had to have what I want, be in the right colour - I'm so fussy I'm just better off buying brand new! Saves a lot of hassle! :lol:

Well, I must have fallen off my trolley too after one pre-reg car and now a new one!

That depreciation thingy is frightening though. :yes:

It is... but the way I see it, without nutcases like me buying the new cars, there'd be no such thing as second-hand cars for those who care about depeciation....

Personally I dont give two hoots if my car loses value immediately.... its my car, to my spec, in my colour! :D

I bought my 02 SR for £6k over a year ago... cost near £11k brand new less than two years prior.

I don't think I will ever buy a brand new car, unless I knew I'd have it for 6+ years due to the depreciation. I'd rather let a previous owner fork out for the met paint, air con and all the factory extras then I'll have it for free a couple of years down the line :)

It's true - cars like the Yaris hold their value slightly more than Corsas/Fiestas etc but that's more down to the Japanese reliability.

Any new car will loose around £1k when you take it off the forecourt.

Which is exactly why I'll never buy a new car (well, at least not until I'm ludicrously rich, which wont be for some time yet, if at all), I'd rather buy a car that's a few years old with low mileage & get a higher spec than I could get if I bought a new 1.

It is... but the way I see it, without nutcases like me buying the new cars, there'd be no such thing as second-hand cars for those who care about depeciation....

Personally I dont give two hoots if my car loses value immediately.... its my car, to my spec, in my colour!  :D

& we all love you for it, I'm all for people buying new cars, taking the main hits from depreciation then selling them onto people like me, if less people did that there'd be less 2nd hand cars on the market so demand would go up & people like me would have to pay more, so keep doing it if you're happier doing that.

In answer to the original question: No, I wont be buying the new Yaris in 2006, I havent completely made my mind up on it yet & it will still be pretty new & I dont buy new cars for reasons I've already mentioned. I may change my car this time next year but I haven't decided whether to change or what to get when I do change because I'll start wanting it sooner & the car I've got now is ideal for me atm.

In response to Charis.... car's lose more than £1k when the leave the dealer... the industry standard is around 25% of it's value in the first year, and a further 9%-15% each year thereafter.

It's crazy! But, you can't beat a new car... all to your specification, cutting a good deal, the pick up day, the new car smell, getting to know all the toys, the tension of the first 1000 miles before you can give it some! Brilliant! And, if you're clever with your pennies, not that more expensive than a used car (in rare cases!!)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links