Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lucky To Be Alive Right Now...

Leeky

Hi folks, got to sympathise with you all on the diesel spill thing, my other toy is a Ducati998s and a diesel spill is one of the most scary hazzards to a biker.

I am an Instructor/Trainer/Health&Safety Advisor and work for a large logistics company so could offer some proffesional advice on what to do if you come across a similar situation in future.

You did the right thing by reporting to plod but, if a faster or more enthusiastic response is called for, report the incident directely to HSE,RIDDOR(Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerouse Occurrences) Central helpline,08453009923.It will be acted on quicker than police.

Diesel is classed as a hazardous substance and is therefore controlled under the regulations set out by COSHH(control of substaces hazardous to health)these regulations, and those of RIDDOR, dictate that any incident be dealt with as a matter of public safety.

Glad you're ok and that you contacted the authorities. Drove off from a Mersey Tunnel toll booth one day and the wheels spun and the car slewed to the side. Yep, my ickle Yaris! Scared the **** out of me. Put that one down to diesel too. It was the wider booth some of the lorries use.

OUch! Scary one... Glad you're okay though :thumbsup:

A

PS Al, I'm really not stalking you :ph34r:

OUch! Scary one... Glad you're okay though :thumbsup:

A

PS Al, I'm really not stalking you :ph34r:

Hmmm.... does seem a bit like that! :unsure:

Hey, good when you get off with no damage!! All the best, gets you trembling though eh?

Up here about two weeks ago a tanker carrying liquified animal fat (oil) left a valve open and drenched the M74 for a 25 mile streach! No kidding

The accidents were mounting up and they had to close the motroway all day to try to clean it. The tanker driver is in the deep stuff. How do you clean that up? thats a lot of fairy liquid