Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What Is Best Car Chase Ever?

gordypix

The Italian job does it for me

By the way does anyone know that those horrible Hollywood people are doing a re-make of the italian job?!!?!? I think it's in LA... with new mini's, with hideous american one liners and a poor plot

how the :censor: :censor: :censor: Americans got the license to re-make/ruin one of our great classics i'll never know :angry:

Also i'm quite partial to Cage's gone in 60 seconds, some of the fast & the furious and the bourne identity

Gone in 60 sec's was a classic, an American Italian Job could be good, as we haven't had the american's ruin a film in a while and I have a feeling that would be a really, really bad film....

No-one's mentioned the Dukes of Hazard! I remember the way that Bo and Luke always used to outfox Roscoe and the General Lee flying through the air. And that view, from those slender ankles all the way up to her @&$€, the lovely Daisy Duke. Trouble is she her shorts kept shrinking in the wash :P . Now that used to be one of the top programs of the time.

get away in stockholme - both of them, the first was a porsche 911 being canned through the streets enticing and then running from the police, the second was a NSX doing similar but not as aggressive (imho) although just as fast.....

the twist ? oh yeah, a professional driver (identity hidden) in a fast car with cameras inside and a few cameras on the route....its totally illegal not scripted (apart from the main route allowing or deviations to escape the police) they really did go out and thrash the nuts off the cars, not a film....real life, real cop chases really dangerous really fun to watch.

The 'new' italian job doesn't use the new 'bmw' mini its got the 1300 coopers that we see everyday today.

it will be ****, its filmed in LA based in LA but called the 'italian job' ****ers.

I'll download you a copy if you can play VCD or DVD-r

the second was a NSX doing similar but not as aggressive (imho) although just as fast.....

thought the second was a cossie and a supra? (cossie as the chase / camera car)

I had a copy of this up on one of my sites for LOC gold members a while ago

No-one's mentioned the Dukes of Hazard! I remember the way that Bo and Luke always used to outfox Roscoe  and the General Lee flying through the air. And that view, from those slender ankles all the way up to her @&$€, the lovely Daisy Duke. Trouble is she her shorts kept shrinking in the wash :P . Now that used to be one of the top programs of the time.

Yes they have. Rhaines did the other day. :P

Taxi and Taxi 2 get my vote, both superb films although the sequel had to be the better movie...

Duel ???

Cannonball Run and Smokey and the Bandit have to be classics, how about The Dukes of Hazard ??

There is a good Jackie Chan movie, Thunderbolt, with loads of Jap cars going at it. About an underground racing ring who steal cars. Great chase between an R32 and an FTO. Chan spent quite a while at Mitsubishi learning to drive properly for this film.

thunderbolt1.jpg

Jackie plays Foh, a car mechanic in his father’s garage, who is also a great driver, and inadvertently gets on the wrong side of a crime syndicate while helping the police catch an illegal racer. As a result, his sister is kidnapped in order to make him participate in a 'Days of Thunder' style race.

The car racing sequences and stunts created by Frankie Chan Fan Kei are generally impressive and well shot, even if the finale is a little too long, and Gordon Chan’s direction gives a particularly Hollywood feel to it. He is an accomplished director, and has greater cinematography skills than most Hong Kong directors.

When can a car race be too long? ;)

Yep... seen that one (I'm a big Jackie Chan fan)...

Although, I think it wasn't the best JC car chase.. that has to go to 'Who Am I' with a race-evo screaming round the streets, and a classic scene, where they doughnut it on gravel... spraying their pursuers with gravel :D :lol:

Yep... seen that one (I'm a big Jackie Chan fan)...

snap!

Although, I think it wasn't the best JC car chase.. that has to go to 'Who Am I' with a race-evo screaming round the streets, and a classic scene, where they doughnut it on gravel... spraying their pursuers with gravel  :D  :lol:

even better - the way she just screams up and reverses into the parking bay - awesome!

seen people in car parks who can't park that well at 2mph!