Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Lambo's On A Yari

Baby Yari

Ross, i've said it before and i'll say it again... do the suicide doors now!

I love them! There's nothing new about 'lambos', how many suicide jobbies do you see outside of Happy Days?!!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bravoYARIS

• Baby Yari

• Ryan1985

• Woody27

tbh i dont think lambo's suit hatchbacks and are a waste of money. Also i dislike suicide doors aswell! All look pretty rubbish tbh and all a waste of money really! unless its a show car and you have the need to mod everything, just leave some bits out as you will end up with an overall better modded car, more subtle! Modding doesnt have to envolve changin everything if it already does its job well and good!

Well, I can't aford the suicide doors at the mo (got other bits to do first, such as coilovers etc) but they should be done by next year some time :P

Someone should do some Gullwing doors like the Frankfurt Yaris...

Again, what if you went in a multi-storey car park? You'd just have to sit in the car as you wouldn't be able to get the doors up high enough to get out of it..unless you were super flexy and could assume a weird position to get out of the small bit of space you may have :lol:

How low are the roofs in multi-storeys in England? With most of our multi-storeys we can get jeeps in and I can't imagine the door on that Yaris being that much higher than a Range Rovers roof! ;)

:o Looks like that concept never made it... or are there plans to do this? :)

I was just kidding, the Frankfurt Yaris doors were done like that so that people could look at the interior, it wasn't a functional mod...

Again, what if you went in a multi-storey car park? You'd just have to sit in the car as you wouldn't be able to get the doors up high enough to get out of it..unless you were super flexy and could assume a weird position to get out of the small bit of space you may have  :lol:

Not necessarily ....... Even with extreme door styling it's doubtful that they would exceed 6 feet high when open. And as only a few people in the world would actually bang their head on a multi storey car park roof it's a safe bet that the car would fit. You'd also need to be able to open the door in a garage, and they probably have even less headroom.

as far as having to be a contortionist to get in and out goes though...........watch someone who has normal doors when parked in a tight spot. Top laugh as they open the door all of 6 inches then try and squeeze out. With Gulls/lambos etc you can open the door fully with less than a foot of clearance to the side.

Rich

How low are the roofs in multi-storeys in England? With most of our multi-storeys we can get jeeps in and I can't imagine the door on that Yaris being that much higher than a Range Rovers roof! ;)

I was thinking this?!! A couple of people have mentioned it, dunno what your multistories are like but I never have a problem standing up!!! :D

Nice doors, but just try getting out in a Multi~story car park!

:D  :blink:  :D

as for gettin out the multistorey car park..shes quite a petite girl.. the doors open jus wide enough for her to get out..

Yup i'd say that's the person matt mentioned before as well. right coloured car, same username. Wish i could find out how she's having the lambo doors done, but i may opt for suicide ones in the summer

the lambo doors are already fitted.. waitin for the re-spray n few mods on it..then shes ready to cruize..... she'll be a hot chick with a pair of hot wings..lol...

Very true, hence my last sentence.  :)

Then again, I always think of show cars as being a little 'meatier' if you know what I mean. I just don't think of the Yaris as a show car, personally.

ur right on that one.. people blow thousands of quids jus to mod n over mod them jus to get in the top mags.. would u consider it as a hobby or jus for fun?? i personally aint seen a yaris done up before.. then all of the sudden... theres 2 opting to get in the mags.. i wonder which one will be featured... :wacko:

At the risk of sounding old and boring...

Why?

Surely this must have cost a fortune to do - money that could have been spent on a bigger, more powerful and ultimately faster car in the first place? :unsure:

Just a question peeps - because I don't understand it.

thats like askin why wont u buy a big house instead of livin in a flat.. money of course.. small cheaper cars doesnt cost as much to do up like bigger cars.. cars like these yaris's must hav costed them anything up to 25gs.. ive seen a lexus who jus spent 75gs jus on the engine.. get what i mean?? its mad i know.. jus depends what tickles ur fancies don'it..

At the risk of sounding old and boring...

Why?

Surely this must have cost a fortune to do - money that could have been spent on a bigger, more powerful and ultimately faster car in the first place? :unsure:

Just a question peeps - because I don't understand it.

Dont worry Charis.... I was kinda thinking the same.... we are obviously both old and boring!

Like I said, the colour is nice.... but personally, the rest of it is not my style at all and like Charis said, I'd much rather go out and spend all that money on a better car myself... :yes:

Heck, you could probably afford a proper Lambo after all of that! :thumbsup:

thats a good point.. but then again..if they did own a bigger car..they wouldnt be on this forum n give us something to talk about..lol.. B)

Lambo doors?

Hmm...

........... Still thinking..........

......Nope. Too max power muppet. Sorry. Too heavy for the car. Just make it faster if you've got money to burn... that's far more impressive in my eyes. Stealth.

lol.. thers not much u can do to a yaris engine.. can add a turbo on a 1 ltr.. then what does that give it? n the only thing for the T-sport is a supercharger.. might knock a second or so off.. still makes it about 7.5 secs to 60mph.. lol..(thats includes the weight of kit n sounds..) :lol:

Someone should do some Gullwing doors like the Frankfurt Yaris...

04.jpg

06.jpg

that is jus so ridiculous.. worst doors ive seen..it'l look good on a super car.. but these door jus looks so pointless.. sod takin the dog out for a walk.. the git'll run off b4 u get a chance to put the collar on..lol..

good point..well said.. :thumbsup:

that is jus so ridiculous.. worst doors ive seen..it'l look good on a super car.. but these door jus looks so pointless.. sod takin the dog out for a walk.. the git'll run off b4 u get a chance to put the collar on..lol..

Guess you didn't get the joke in there...

That Gullwing Yaris was only a functional display so viewers at Frankfurt could see the interior of the car on display...It was not a serious mod....lol...

Guess you didn't get the joke in there...

That Gullwing Yaris was only a functional display so viewers at Frankfurt could see the interior of the car on display...It was not a serious mod....lol...

oh.. lol..jus me havin a blonde moment then.. lol..cheers.. :lol:

oohhhh - the irony is so strong in this post the thread now points to magnetic north :rolleyes:

... costed them anything up to 25gs.. ive seen a lexus who jus spent 75gs...

G's? Some kind of foreign currency? :P (just messing before someone says that it aint <_< )

lol.. thers not much u can do to a yaris engine.. can add a turbo on a 1 ltr.. then what does that give it? n the only thing for the T-sport is a supercharger.. might knock a second or so off.. still makes it about 7.5 secs to 60mph.. lol..(thats includes the weight of kit n sounds..) :lol:

How about Engine conversions or custom Turbo jobs etc.! Your talking about spending money on the lambo's to be different and that, you aint gotta follow the crowd in engine mods either! O and tbh Lambo doors basically are following the crowd as its "Maxers" big thing/was. (like lexus lights at one point) O and i wouldnt consider applying the same door to different cars as "original"! Thats like me saying i bet no one has ever fitted lexus lights on a 2CV! Doesnt mean its a fresh idea just means its a new application :P

oohhhh - the irony is so strong in this post the thread now points to magnetic north  :rolleyes:

Lol your so right there! Bless 'em!

oohhhh - the irony is so strong in this post the thread now points to magnetic north :rolleyes:

:lol: perhaps he doesnt know the term 'lambo doors' refer to the lamborghini supercar's scissor opening doors that this trend is copying? :lol:

or he is in fact, a very funny guy? :lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links