Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Do Yarii Not Like Cold Starts?

Blue84

Cool, sounds great! I'll be browsing the forum and probably asking for opinions on the best mods that I can get for her. Engine ones firstly, the prettiness outside can follow when I get her pretty on the inside!

My car starts 1st time every time! :thumbsup:

Last winter when we had about an inch of snow I went out to start my mums Mazda 3 to get it warmed up and the the snow off it as we were going to a relatives on New Years day and I turned the key and it was dead!

My dad then came out to try it and it didn't start for him either. Anyway, we thought we better take my car and I jumped in and 1 turn of the key and it fired up! And mine is a 'W' reg against my mums '54' plate! :D

Anyway, mine feels a bit sluggish when I drive it in cold conditions for the first 5 minutes but after that its fine! :)

Just to let you guys know that I phoned toyota about the winter checks and I don't need to have one as Im having my 50k service and the service will cover more.

I can't wait to scrap a good few inches of snow off my car and going for a little spin :D :P !

Guys, when you're starting in cold weather remember to make sure that all the "extra" electics like rear demister, heater, wipers, lights, radio etc are all turned off before turning the key. It means that the battery can use all of its power to kick the engine into life... :thumbsup:

Yeah good point, altho I do that already :thumbsup: Theres a frost here again today but I've got a day off work and am not taking her out yet so she can warm up herself.

the little blue temp light just goes out as i park..

I was worrying about that when I first noticed it, but was told that its normal and nothing to worry about. Though the way I drive shes lucky to get her engine revved over 3000... very gentle with her..

The blue temp light just shows the engine is cold, nothing to worry about. It's good to be gentle with Yarii but I was told by people on here that they do like to be "driven" hard sometimes. Yours is very new tho so probably a good idea to keep driving gently for a while longer.

it was around -2 here last night, she took a while to fire up, but thats prop because she had not being started in about 6 weeks, but all last winter there was no prob

Mine started fine first time this morning, ans it was -1 here this morning.

Mine doesn't get revved about 3000rpm until the temp light goes off, and then it only gets revved to 4000rpm for the next minute or so.

When we went out at around 10.45 it was only 3 degrees and took longer to ignite and when she did start she sounded less powerful than normal :( Got a feeling the Battery might be the problem but I don't really know what I am looking at so will have to ask my Dad for help I think :rolleyes:

I don't think you've got a problem, its natural to take a second or 2 to fire up! If its taking longer then I think you have got a problem! :thumbsup:

If it's struggling to fire up, it could be a weak Battery, and obviously, wouldn't be sparking as it should.

I'm sure you can get it checked for free at Kwik-fit or somewhere now.

If you are concerned Tina, maybe a warranty trip to Mr T will ease your mind? :thumbsup: Or at least talk to the service dept over the phone and see what they say! :yes:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links