Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Back Seats Out+tyres On Modded T Sports

admanirv

Hi,

im running a de cat system, and manfiold, and shortly a crank pulley.

i wanting to take the back seats out and tyre, yeah ok this may sound stupid your turning a 4 seater into a 2 seator!!!. but i dont have any mates or a girlfriend and no else gets in my car!!....lol :P only jokin! :lol: anways.

Im wanting to do it for a day or two,

a)how long does it take to take the seats out?

b)does it not make the back end raise up a bit more? (im running 40mm pi springs)

c)What sort of peformance gains did people notice, any figures? is it worth it

d)what do the seats and tyres weight?

afterall power to weight ratio and all that crap. Im just intruiged more than anything.

cheers in advance

ad

Isnt it slightly harder to drive with less rear downforce/weight? just a thought on cornering! i may be completely wrong but surely it somewhat unbalances the car even further making it hugely front heavy? Im no genius but i was always taught that was not good at school! I mean how ideally you want 50/50 weight balance and not to upset the balance of a car when cornering? Surely now you got loadsa weight at the front in proportion to the rear? Just a thought :S But in a straight line i guess its quicker slightly, and also doesnt mean it aint fun!

Isnt it slightly harder to drive with less rear downforce/weight? just a thought on cornering! i may be completely wrong but surely it somewhat unbalances the car even further making it hugely front heavy? Im no genius but i was always taught that was not good at school! I mean how ideally you want 50/50 weight balance and not to upset the balance of a car when cornering? Surely now you got loadsa weight at the front in proportion to the rear? Just a thought :S But in a straight line i guess its quicker slightly, and also doesnt mean it aint fun!

thats partially correct, but the yaris aint 50/50 wight distrubution to begin with, look at bmws etc for that :) .

Sure it will make a difference ever so slighly, but im not 100% sure that why im asking, but were only talkin 30-35 kg, which wont impact it that much.

ill see in due time anyways :thumbsup:

Yeah sorry i weren't trying to put you off! deffo worth a try at that ease of it! im sure someone put few piccies up before of the bolts that needed removing to remove back seats as they were having trouble as it was covered in a plastic cap or something :S Yeah i knew it werent 50/50 weight but i meant about performance in the handling sense! yeah obviously will be a bit quicker! worth a go for a play no doubt!

I think its pretty dense foam and padding though that weighs a bit! Sound deadening stuff (for example) weighs lots when you wouldnt expect it to and all that is is some special material! Obviously the seats aint Hugely heavy as you can carry them but its weight loss which helps! Well I guess you know how heavy a spare wheel is and its not light really. so its a weight your carrying for no reason! (well there is an obvious reason but you know what i mean!)

makes big differance accelerating and braking, easy to do 4 bolts for the seats and spare wheels a doddle, handling will suffer slightly but becomes more mangeable the rear end doesnt step out unexpectedly

im sure someone put few piccies up before of the bolts that needed removing to remove back seats as they were having trouble as it was covered in a plastic cap or something

Aye that was me but there is no pictures up as a mate (who's a Toyota mechanic) showed me how to take it off! :thumbsup:

believe me the seats are not light. almost did my back in liftin them out of my car

The seats are well heavy, I got them out the car (just) and took them into the house and dumped them in the living room, no way I was getting them up the stairs myself! :lol:

makes difference, they may not look it but i put them on the scale the other day putting them back in and they weigh nearly 40kilos!!

knights right, accel and braking is different, if you have troubles with downforce learn how to left foot brake :thumbsup:

as lee said handlin is affected when they are taken out. takes a while to get used to it. but it like drivin a new car. u get used its limits

if you have troubles with downforce learn how to left foot brake  :thumbsup:

What's left foot braking got to do with downforce?? Maybe in a very fast car... designed for maximum downforce, but in a shopping trolley, all it does is shift the weight more quickly and allow you to keep the power on... downforce will be affected the tiniest amount.

Oh... back seats are about 45kgs... 4 bolts, 10mins... makes a bit of difference to accel/braking as said, but car feels a tad nose heavy when taking quick corners, so takes a bit of getting used to. If you're turning your car into a Raceing Yaris like Lee did, then obviously it needs to be done, but otherwise it may not be beneficial for the one time you do need to put people in the back.

Or... fill the rear with lots of music! And beer!!

Yeah its a 10-15minute job four 14mm bolts - two hidden behind platic covers facing into the car and two hidden underneath the seats themselves (tip them forward to access them).

I found a noticeable difference in the handling - but it only takes a little while to get used to it.

By adding the OMP rear strut the back end feels much better anyway with or without the seats in.

I didnt find my rear end raised noticeably at all - but I know Chuck did.

Yeah its a 10-15minute job four 14mm bolts - two hidden behind platic covers facing into the car and two hidden underneath the seats themselves (tip them forward to access them).

I found a noticeable difference in the handling - but it only takes a little while to get used to it.

By adding the OMP rear strut the back end feels much better anyway with or without the seats in.

I didnt find my rear end raised noticeably at all - but I know Chuck did.

thanks dudes, ill prob have a bash at weekend. :thumbsup:

yea man sat a fair bit higher than it does at the mo when i removed mine, but then thats probably just my springs, definetly felt a little quicker off the mark and just pulled easier through gears

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links