Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Buying A T Sport!

markoibook

Hi guys,

I'm very new here - but I soon hope to be one of the family. I posted previously with a few questions about buying a Yaris, and having been around a few toyota dealers at the weekend, I really like the Yaris!

I've been to one garage and they are really happy to help me get a T Sport (second hand), and as such are getting one in for me to test drive this weekend. I've test driven a basic 1.0 and was very impressed, and so I am seriously looking forward to test driving the t sport!

If all goes well, then hopefully I shall be putting down my deposit, and I could have the car in just over 2 weeks!

I shall keep you guys updated...

Oh btw - what is the standard stereo and 4 speaker setup like? Is it OK?

regards,

Marko

Hey!

Hope you get on with the test drive!Bet you love it!

They standard stereo isnt much good but it doesnt take much to upgrade it!Try it on the test drive im sure they wont mind!Youll find all the info you need on here!

CB :thumbsup:

hi, and welcome !! :D

i have had my yaris t sport 2 years now... great looks, well made cars ,never let me down !! good insurance , good on petrol ... never looked back ! cant ask for more ! t-sport is a good choice !! GO FOR IT ,,,, YOU WONT BE LET DOWN!! DO CHECK ITS HISTORY , ETC OWNERS IF USED THOUGH, :bookworm:

GOOD LUCK :P

I actually like the standard stereo... but I'm in the minority with that - as long as it plays Ulitmate Dirty Dancing.... then I'm happy as Larry! :lol:

Best of luck with your test drive - you'll love it! :thumbsup:

Indeed I hope you enjoy your test drive. If it is anything like mine was, you'll want to take the car home with you there and then! :D

Cheers guys!

This forum really doesn't sleep - does it!?

I'm very much looking forward to the test drive - should be good fun, and I'm pretty much won over to the idea of a T Sport. For the money its awesome - best car you can get for the money, well built, reliable, good looking and cheap insurance too!

As for being careful with the history - well I'm buying through the Used Toyota Scheme - it may be a bit more expensive to buy that way - but it seems to come with a lot of comeback if there are any problems. Plus if you are getting a car brought down the country for you (as I will be), then if it turns out to be naff, you can just request another one!

I've got my eyes on a nice black little number at the moment - here's hoping its still available at the weekend!!

but it seems to come with a lot of comeback if there are any problems. 

You said your looking at a toyota right?

So where do the problems come into this? :P

but it seems to come with a lot of comeback if there are any problems. 

You said your looking at a toyota right?

So where do the problems come into this? :P

Very good - I hope so too!

Oh btw - the alarm on the T Sport - whats it like? Any good? Is it loud? And how sensitive is it?

I'm a bit concerned about Chavs attacking my little baby...

Oh and another question...

The T Sport (P1) I'm hoping to get says it has an electric tilt and slide sunroof - is this correct? The P2 I played with in the showroom had a manual sunroof... B)

All Yaris' with sunroofs are manual as far as I know! Well my brothers P2 T-Sport has a manual sunroof! :thumbsup:

The alarm is fine for loudness and my brothers was over sensitive as it happened and had to go back to Toyota within a week! :rolleyes:

think its manual only im pretty sure,

and theres an alarm senbsitivity adjuster below the radio behind a trim panel, (all thanks to jaxx)

The alarm is fine, the stereo can be improved easily enough - even just replacing the standard paper Speakers make a massive improvement.

Best thing about the t-sports is the standard level of trim - the bodykit is well done and subtle and even the standard alloys arent too bad.

Thanks for all the advice and positive feedback peeps!

So did the Yaris ever have an electric sunroof - or is likely to be a typo?

I can't wait till the weekend - only a few days to go till test drive, and hopefully deposit!

Thanks for all the advice and positive feedback peeps!

So did the Yaris ever have an electric sunroof - or is likely to be a typo?

I can't wait till the weekend - only a few days to go till test drive, and hopefully deposit!

They're an optional extra as far as I know! :thumbsup:

They're an optional extra as far as I know!  :thumbsup:

I think you heard wrong, they are all manual as far as I know! :P :thumbsup:

Well obviously not because thats the third reported electronic sunroof on a T-Sport so unless the dealers are either stupid or fibbing - then it must be correct! :yes:

Plus I'm sure someone on here has a leccy sunroof! :thumbsup:

Cool - I'm not that fussed about the sun roof at all - just getting very very excited about this!

First proper car I will own - I have a Fiat Uno at the mo! So should be a bit of an upgrade!

Cool - I'm not that fussed about the sun roof at all - just getting very very excited about this!

First proper car I will own - I have a Fiat Uno at the mo! So should be a bit of an upgrade!

We tend to give FIATS the nickname Fix It Again Tomorrow so definately making a good move to a T-Sport.

I've only heard of manual sunroofs too, but either way it's a sunroof which is the main thing no matter how it opens ;)

Show us photo's when it arrives.

OK peeps, got my test drive in the T sport booked for tomorrow now :D

I'll update you on how it goes..

Have a great time. I hope you like it. Then, again... you'll probably love it! :yes:

Right guys - heres an update!

I went for a test drive on Sunday morning, however, it was mega foggy, and so the test drive ended up being pretty short.

It was great though, and I really liked the car, though we didn't get to go above 45!

Obviously, I didn't want to commit on buying the car based on such a lame drive, so I left the garage to think about it.

I then went to a different town, where I knew the dealer also had a t sport. Thankfully, the fog had cleared, so I went on another test drive.

This time it was much better - plus I got to drive a 2001 model (the same year as I wanted).

It drove wonderfully, especially given it was about -2 outside!

Best bit was pulling off of a roundabout onto a dual carriageway - I pulled off in the left lane, then changed lanes and floored it. Must have overtaken about 6 cars before I had even reached 70!

So after a reasonable test drive, I went back to see if I could get the car I had been eyeing up transferred across.

The dealer phoned the other garage, but was told probably not likely, as they had someone else interested in it.

My dealer was going to call me back on Monday to let me know if the car was still available, but they didn't ring. So I phoned the dealer with said car to find out if it was still available. They told me that it kind of was, but had had lots of interest. However, they wouldn't let it transfer to another dealer, as it was such a nice car. Gutted, I decided to look on the network for some other cars.

Tuesday, my dealer phoned me to tell me that the guy wanting to buy my car couldn't buy it in the end, and that my dealer had managed to negotiate with the garage, and I could have my car!

So I've now paid a deposit, and the wheels are now in motion!

The little black T Sport will hopefully soon be mine :D

I'll keep ya all posted :D