Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Import Yaris T-sport?

YaRiS T

:help: I got my car (yaris t-sport) 2 years ago from a mazda dealer , when i booked it into a local dealer few months after i found it was a import (off the VIS/VIN ) it was still under warranty and all that larky, :D but i was told you can tune up a import alot more than a uk car( due to engine management being different) ;) :help: ? is this true ? can anyone help ? its fast anyway i have done basic mods filter , exhaust etc... if anyone knows place for parts for tuning imports ,let me know !! cheers

Well if it has the Jap ECU im pretty sure some of the japanese make turbo's that wont fit the UK spec cars will fit straight on as they are deisgned for that ECU! someone with a bigger brain/knowledge will be along in the morning im sure!

yes but im guessing you have a yaris which makes it a european import so basically the same as the uk car so your no better off, one way to tell on some euro models is no rear t sport Badge and no rear spoiler

yes but im guessing you have a yaris which makes it a european import so basically the same as the uk car so your no better off, one way to tell on some euro models is no rear t sport badge and no rear spoiler

agree, yeah you find imports are mostly from holland etc, it will have no rear spolier or rear t sport Badge and im sure theres no alarm just imbolisier

thanks for your help every one ,i heard that some imports dont have air-con etc! mine has air-con , alarm ,rear spoiler , rear Badge ,etc .. the dealer said it was from japan or it would be on the toyota (uk) system ?and that the uk system would pick up all eu imports, and that it must have imported by the 1st owner? i had the fight for the warranty though ! :censor: but got it in the end , and i got the car very cheap toooo! :rolleyes: thanks again plp

thanks for your help every one ,i heard that some imports dont have air-con etc! mine has air-con , alarm ,rear spoiler , rear badge ,etc .. the dealer said it was from japan or it would be on the  toyota (uk) system ?and that the uk system would pick up all eu imports, and that it must have imported by the 1st owner? i had the fight for the warranty though !  :censor: but got it in the end , and i got the car very cheap toooo!  :rolleyes:  thanks again plp

well done lad, hmm thats good getting spoiler etc, coz you dont usually get them.

good you got it as a good price, but remember you wont get the same price for an import as you will for a uk genuine, even though there exact car!

Our T-Sport is Belgian Spec and it hasn't got the spoiler or rear T-Sport Badge. It would've had Sun roof & Air-Con but Yves didn't want them when he brought the car so they weren't included. I'm pretty sure it came with a red toyota Badge at the rear(?) but that got nicked ages ago :ffs: Oh it is also a left hand drive, but apart from that it's not any different to other countries specs.

my yaris came from the republic of ireland new. I had the dealer put on the TTE spoiler and T sport Badge in the deal. It didnt come with the rear vvti Badge but i didnt want it anyway. No air con as it was an option down south and thats all i can see different :D

most imports from Japan will come with A/C they wont do without their toys ;)

most imports from Japan will come with A/C they wont do without their toys ;)

mine has a/c but weird full length spoiler and no rear vvti or TS Badge

that spoiler is part of an extra 'sport-pack' thingy

the TTE spoiler is really an optional extra, but in the UK all SRs and T-Sports had them as a std item

very very early T-sports had the sport-pack rear spoiler before TTE released their version ;)

All Yari's are imports...not made in the UK..so how did they get here...they were imported! only a technical difference really.

Got 2K of mine when I bypassed Mr T.

100% UK spec..just a red Badge on the back is all that's different.

I'd never ever buy a car from a main dealer! Daylight robbery especially with the strength of Sterling and the lower TAX rates abroad.

Sure you lose a little bit on selling..but not as much as you save.

Vipes

Exactly Vipes, mine is the same as yours and I saved 3k, book price for mine now is about £5500 and I am sure I won't lose 3k due to it being an import. :P

The dealers do annoy me though as they keep putting 'import' on all my paperwork and claim the parts are differnet, yeah right Toyota make a box of parts for UK cars then another load for EU ones! :angry:

Mine came from Holland and has air con but no alarm or rear T Sport Badge. It had a spolier fitted by the importer but its not the TTE.

Jenny

Mines is a UK car with a 'made in japan' sticker - it came will all the usual stuff but minus the TSport rear Badge. I always assumed the dealer added the badges themselves and decided to keep mine for some reason?

Exactly Vipes, mine is the same as yours and I saved 3k, book price for mine now is about £5500 and I am sure I won't lose 3k due to it being an import.  :P 

The dealers do annoy me though as they keep putting 'import' on all my paperwork and claim the parts are differnet, yeah right Toyota make a box of parts for UK cars then another load for EU ones!  :angry:

Mine came from Holland and has air con but no alarm or rear T Sport badge.  It had a spolier fitted by the importer but its not the TTE.

Jenny

I used to own a used import ts, it was cheaper than similar uk ones around with same milleage, allthough when you come to sell you dont get as much.

But id certainly buy a import car ages ago as you save a few thousand, my dad saved 2.75k on his is200 sport with sat nav, so it was well worth it.

Again mine didnt have rear spioiler and t sport Badge, and my fathers didnt have sport inthe back window, and no rear spoiler no biggy tho as it only cost 200 and he saved 2500! :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links