Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sat Nav + New Headunit

tim_mabin

Hi guys,

just noticed something (took me a while :P) but since i installed my aftermarket head unit my sat nav no longer works.

After I installed it I ended up with loads of plugs that were'nt plugged in...

Does anyone know if its possible to get the sat nav working with a headunit?

(Tried the ol search but it doesnt like sat, nav or gps??)

Cheers Guys

I'm not sure mate but I'm afraid I doubt it. Saying that though it doesn't use any of the buttons from the radio so I don't see why removing the radio should effect it? :wacko:

Yeh think so... its the one with the cd jobie under the passenger seat on a p1 yarii gls. Also Ive got a tape player above the new headunit that no longer works (not that i miss it)

i have the TNS 200 (standard toyota sat nav unit for yaris) and i have an aftermarket HU. they both work fine. they are separate units, the only thing which is odd, i have lost the beeping sound when u push buttons on the sat nav (which is a bonus), as for the screen and the nice ladies voice, they both work fine with the normal dash controls

i have the TNS 200 (standard toyota sat nav unit for yaris) and i have an aftermarket HU.  they both work fine.  they are separate units, the only thing which is odd, i have lost the beeping sound when u push buttons on the sat nav (which is a bonus), as for the screen and the nice ladies voice, they both work fine with the normal dash controls

Err dont mean to be funny but isnt that because the speaker cable now runs from the new HU rather than into the standard headunit so you got no Speakers connected to the original Radio to make the noise through :S

see thas wot i was thinking... but youve got some spare connecters floating about...

so maybe if you plug something together it works???

Don spose next time your fiddling around in your dash you could take a pic of what youve got plugged into what

to be honest, i dont even care that the beeps wernt there so i didnt think y it wasnt working

doubt ill be tinkering behind there, it all works so no need. i dont understand what else you need? just plug the wires into the new HU and make it fit into the dash... no alterations were made to the sat nav wires or anything