Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rear Badges

viperroom_112

Hi guys ,

Could someone please tell me the best way to remove all the badges on the back of my yaris. Is it difficult ? and is there any products I need to buy to make removal as clean and smooth as possible ?

Cheers Guys :thumbsup:

David

DO NOT USE A SCREWDRIVER you'll scratch your paint

use either dental floss or fishing wire, start from the top and work your way down cutting through the glue/stickyfoam.

Mine didn't need heating up first I just cut behind them with some dantal floss.

Then you'll need a bit of methalated spirits to wipe the glue off, this requires a lot of work to get the glue off.

Then I gave it a coat of wax and wiped it off.

Sometimes you may see the outline of where tha badges were, just use some more wax or polish a few times and it will go.

ALSO do not try and peel it off :blink: ur likly to pull laq or even worse some paint off

while ur heating it up add some slight pressure from side to side to soften the glue up, for mine i used some dental floss and sliced it off as such, cutting away the glue behind!! :thumbsup:

done it with fishing line..

worked like a charm..

do it that way.. i even didnt heat it up..

but then again.. ive done it when i had it for 4 months new from the dealer.. so.. i dont know

I got my mums hairdryer out, applied some heat to 1 Badge at a time (not too much mind you) and got some dental floss and cut through it with that. Once its behind the Badge just use a sawing action/motion and it should come away quite easily! :thumbsup:

You can still see where my Yaris Badge was in certain lights (although very rarely) and I've polished it about a million times.

A kettle of hot water and some gentle persuation and they were gone

Along with a T cut and polish with a couple of layers of wax for the full car :B

I pulled mine off with fishing wire, It was really hard and took ages...

When I finaly got it of, I found out why it was tough,

holes.jpg

I cut right through the pegs that fit into the holes. LOL :o

So I ordered some new badges from eBay and stuck them all back on.

It was fun whilst it lasted.

Blimey, I didn't realise some were pinned on at the rear. :o

I took mine off with the hairdryer and floss method. Also found a small bit of lighter fluid on some tissue helped get off any glue residue - wash the area off as soon as poss though to get rid of the fluid. Then wax/polish when you can for more protection :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links