Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Should I Tint !

viperroom_112

My mum got done going into a carpark the other day in her t sport, they had the light meter and it passed (she has the same tints as mine) but they said "i would remove them if i was you to avoid future trouble"... What right have they got there legal.

the law changed to a horrific accidnet involved a car and amotorbike, it was found out that the car didnt see the motorbike due to dark tints in the front, therefore front ones were banend.

i ahvea grey with medium in back, and light infront, police have seen mines loads and never hd any probs as yet..touch wood.

It also looks subtle and not chavvy, the medium to light smooke looks good, i simply thick it looks !Removed! having tints on back and none on the front. :thumbsup:

does anyone have some pictures of legal front window tints?

Dont really wana get pulled and get told to scrape them off, but then if I get a light tint, it might be pointless :S

ahhh confooozedd!!!!

Windscreens on vehicles first used before April 1985 must let in 70 percent of light to stay legal. That figure rises to 75 percent for vehicles issued after that date. Front-side windows on all vehicles are required to let in 70 percent of light.
As of January 1st 2004, new legislation was brought in that prohibits window tinting.The Law:

You are not allowed to tint your windscreen or front windows AT ALL. Anything forward of the B pillar (middle of the car) MUST NOT be tinted in anyway. You are however still allowed to perform any level of tinting on your back windows.

If you've tinted you windows before January that does not mean that you are safe, if the police believe that your tint causes reduced visibility they can issue you with an order to have it removed.

As far as i am aware, the front windows CANNOT be tinted legally.. only the rear screen and rear side windows can be done. However.. as you can see from the quotes above, there is conflicting information going about.

Going by the 1st quote, a light smoke would be legal.. my car (pic above) has light smoke. Going by the 2nd quote, these are illeagle and you could be asked to remove them. Rear tints can be as dark as you want.

Makes you wonder if they will put a law in that stops you wearing sunglasses!. Surely they are a stronger tint than alot of window tints!

Makes you wonder if they will put a law in that stops you wearing sunglasses!. Surely they are a stronger tint than alot of window tints!

ive always wondered the same thing. especially when they say u cant tint ur windscreen. not that u would want to

what I did was tint the back windows at 34% - a very light tint and left the front windows alone ..then I put on wind deflectors and it doesnt look bad at all ..I think theres a law coming here in ireland next year regarding tints so Im getting prepared for it

what I did was tint the back windows at 34% - a very light tint and left the front windows alone ..then I put on wind deflectors and it doesnt look bad at all ..I think theres a law coming here in ireland next year regarding tints so Im getting prepared for it

You seriously believe the government and gardai are going to get away with implementing the new changes to tinting in this country? I think not. They should be more worried about REAL crime rather than something as small as tints.

try telling minister mccauley and co clueless :D

Its a sad fact that we, as a nation, put that twit into a position of power. :censor:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links