Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Susension Set-up's

Baby Yari

Right, i'm just wondering what suspension set-up's everyones got?? I want something really low. I'm on 16inch rims and am currently on Koni shocks and springs which lower 35mm at front and 30mm at the back. She still sits to high though and I dont like it! I'm looking at the Tein basic damper kit but am unsure how low that can go! Thanks!! :thumbsup:

I'm on HKS Wagon Suspension (coilovers basically) and it can lower from about 0-80mm's probably. Not too harsh a ride either!

I'm on HKS Wagon Suspension (coilovers basically) and it can lower from about 0-80mm's probably. Not too harsh a ride either!

I know you are Ryan and I want it!!! Remember!! :thumbsup:

As my post has been swamped with replies i'm gunna ask another question!! Ive got Koni shocks and springs, if i was to leave my Koni shocks on and get lower springs would it be lower!? I think i'm just being thick though, sorry it isn't worded very well either!!

I would imagine the springs are already lowering springs with the uprated dampers to match! (a quick look on the net tells me its lowered 30-35mm with the koni suspension kit) Therefore unless the lowering springs lowered further than the koni springs it wouldnt get any lower! Also the dampers wont be aswell matched to the springs as before BUT are better than the standard shocks (which arent really suitable for more then a 30mm drop!)

Yeah the springs are lowered allready but i'm wondering if I bought, say a set of Tein springs which lower to 40 mm the shocks would handle it??

I would imagine so unless the damper platform that the springs fit onto ISN'T much different to the standard one (which i doubt as if its the same dampers as they sell on there own, they are designed to be paired with any springs set you like!) Also im pretty sure you could use the original spring platform from the old dampers on the new ones and then get any spring designed for that car should fit :D I hope im right as im feeling quite clever now! :P May not be right on the removable spring platform as although this is the case with the individually sold dampers, i think the one in the part of the kit may be welded on (your the one with the kit so you tell me! :P)

EDITED

I would imagine so unless the damper platform that the springs fit onto is much different to the standard one (which i doubt as if its the same dampers as they sell on there own, they are designed to be paired with any springs set you like!) Also im pretty sure you could use the original spring platform from the old dampers on the new ones and then get any spring designed for that car should fit :D I hope im right as im feeling quite clever now! :P

LOL! Hmmmmm.......... :P

I edited the above post and im pretty sure im right you know so stop laughin! :P You will be eating your socks if someone comes along and says "I couldn't have worded it better!"

*(Please someone come along and say that :P .... i will be your best friend! :D)

koni shocks are actually recommended if you get springs lower than 60mm, so to answer your question yes it would handle 40mm springs

You want 60 though :D:D

About the konis, were they soft or stiff. In my yaris i want it to be low and stiff, is this possable? Is there anything that will be low and stiff but still give a reasonable ride, i would be willing to sacrafice lowering for ride quality.

Sounds like the new Envy kit will fit your requirments and your budget. The prototype has now been tested. The kits will be arriving in January and will be retailing at an unbelivable price! :D

Well worth the wait me thinks! ;)

Thanks

Kevin

Sounds like the new Envy kit will fit your requirments and your budget. The prototype has now been tested. The kits will be arriving in January and will be retailing at an unbelivable price! :D

Well worth the wait me thinks! ;)

Thanks

Kevin

Can you enlighten us more on this Kev!? :yes:

Well I have been testing out a kit I have had made specifically for the Yaris for the last 3 months. The Coilovers have the same damping force as the Tein wagon kit and are fully height adjustable.

I have made a few changes to the prototype and the first 10 kits are now in production and should be with me sometime in January.

The price will be very good and will be more in line with the price of uprated shocks and springs as opose to the very high price that coilovers currently retail for.

Let me know if you need any more info.

Thanks

Kevin

Well I have been testing out a kit I have had made specifically for the Yaris for the last 3 months. The Coilovers have the same damping force as the Tein wagon kit and are fully height adjustable.

I have made a few changes to the prototype and the first 10 kits are now in production and should be with me sometime in January.

The price will be very good and will be more in line with the price of uprated shocks and springs as opose to the very high price that coilovers currently retail for.

Let me know if you need any more info.

Thanks

Kevin

We do Kev!! A PRICE!? :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links