Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Suicidal Tendecys

Clueless

Me drive 5dr Yaris. Anyone know of someone ever converting rear doors to suicide as alternative to lambo's?

If not, what do you think of the idea?

:blink:

think they look good but is there really any chance that you're going to do it?!

cant be cheap!

i guess it wouldnt be easy and then theres the end of the doors the locks etc which will all have to be done - alot of effort for something thats a bit of an aquired taste ( i don't even like it on the rx8)

B&Q it. 4 brass hinges two staple bolts. Jobs done for less than a twenty. :lol::thumbsup:

PS Your insurance will hate it. They don`t call em suicide doors for nothing. :yes:

It's about 300 quid for a kit off ebay. Any competent panel beater should be able to do it. I've been quoted between 150 and 200 quid for the job to be done

:o Well that's a lot cheaper than I thought!

[starsky and Hutch]DO IT!!![/starsky and Hutch]

But still it's 500 quid for doors that open the wrong way :P

True, i might get some suicide seats, that really would be suicide!!! :lol:

They don`t call em suicide doors for nothing.  :yes:

Exactly! :rolleyes:
But still it's 500 quid for doors that open the wrong way :P

And there are very good reasons why the doors open the way they do. :yes: ;)

Also, The RX8 has small rear doors and it's pillarless.

Would it be possible though with the way the yaris doors are shaped? the rx8 doors would be specificaly engineered to do that - not sure youd be able to do it

Tegan, just clicked on your car for the first time, damn that's a shiney little motor!!! :thumbsup:

Can't see why not...and there's a yaris lurking about somewhere with the suicide dors done, ive seen the pics...And yes gnome, i can imagine how many times that will happen...just like when i tried to wipe my rear windscreen clean the other day on the motorway...

D'OH!!

I dont personally like many door mods but on the RX-8 they look schweet and are totally practical (and dont have a pillar as said above) Im kind of unsure why you asked though? (dont mean that to sound rude) Do you like the idea of rear suicides? or do you like the idea of people likin the fact you have rear suicides? :P Tbh if YOU dont like how they look i cant see the justification on spending loads just so over people go wow! Its definitely a marmite syndrome and i think it mainly appeals to the people who just like being different! I think i dislike them still but maybe its an aquired taste but i wouldnt!

I dont personally like many door mods but on the RX-8 they look schweet and are totally practical (and dont have a pillar as said above) Im kind of unsure why you asked though? (dont mean that to sound rude) Do you like the idea of rear suicides? or do you like the idea of people likin the fact you have rear suicides? :P Tbh if YOU dont like how they look i cant see the justification on spending loads just so over people go wow! Its definitely a marmite syndrome and i think it mainly appeals to the people who just like being different! I think i dislike them still but maybe its an aquired taste but i wouldnt!

A) I like the idea.

B) Its an aquired taste as said.

c) I like to be different!

PS I'm hammered as i write this but the above comments are made in as honest a state as possible. :D

Tegan, just clicked on your car for the first time, damn that's a shiney little motor!!! :thumbsup:

lol thanks :D she gets many hours spent on her and ive lost many a fingernail getting the dirt off :o :lol:

Why not buy a london cab and then smash it about like in the peugeot 206 add but make it look like a yaris! :ph34r:

think they look good but is there really any chance that you're going to do it?!

cant be cheap!

Got an estimate this morning.....700euros(£480 appox) for both rear doors to be done.

Maybe do it next year....Note the maybe, i'll have to think about it further

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links