Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Yaris - On The Inside!

DaveSR

Went to Mr T again and the new yaris was open ...... The guys @ Mr T had spent all weekend in Niece testing out the new 1L yaris (Aygo engine) and they said that it had enough guts to get up and down the hills as well as good suspension and steering for the hills/windy roads and it crippled the C2 (their hire car for the trip). So it sounds good!

We all know what it looks like on the outside but the colour in the show room looked so impressive - kind of like thunder grey but lighter but not silver:

th_DSC00395.jpg th_DSC00397.jpg th_DSC00396.jpg

So on the inside - bits of it feel a little tacky but overall it feels/looks good. On the door it has what looks like a small bottle holder as well a decent pocket space.

th_DSC00387.jpg

Under the air vents on the dash there is a small pocket that opens up to hold a small can and I assume that it's main purpose is to keep your drinks cool in the summer time.

th_DSC00385.jpg

There are two normal glove box's and tray under the seat like before but they have now added one above the steering wheel. There is also the two side pockets but they are not as deep as the P1/2.

th_DSC00399.jpg th_DSC00391.jpg th_DSC00386.jpg

In the rear of the car they have added two Speakers but these are in the side panel - Better than nothing I suppose!

th_DSC00398.jpg

Now to the boot - It's a little bit bigger than before however it has a secret compartment for your tools/laptop etc. There is not the depth but I'm sure you can remove the locking card. However if you are to put the seats flat you can fold over the lid carpet as it is reinforced on the back in plastic.

th_DSC00393.jpg th_DSC00392.jpg

The rear seats also tilt backwards and forwards and the headrest merge into the seats when down.

th_DSC00394.jpg

I'm sorry to bore you guys but if you didn't want to know you wouldn't be reading this :yes: !

And a few extra photos that were taken -

th_DSC00384.jpg th_DSC00388.jpg

BTW Every time I see this car I like it even more!

Too bad you don't get the RS trim over there, the interior is much classier looking, with black finishes, and better fabric, not to mention sport buckets, leather trim etc., and it adds skirting, alloys etc. on the exterior

I wonder if the TS grade will have this trim in it when(ever) it is released...

You see, I don't get why people always see "plastic" and think "cheap". I find the interior of the new Yaris to be both honest and interesting.

Sure, they could have sprayed the plastic silver and pretended it was aluminium but that would be crap as it would get worn and chipped and would infer "sporty" and "light" in what is, to most, a shopping trolley. Alternatively, they could have used that fake wood to make the world think that it was luxurious, cosy and hewn from the finest Japanese walnut trees. But they would never have pulled that off and instead it would have been more like a Rover 100 Knightsbridge. Plastic, in all its many forms, is theonly chouce in the modern small car.

I love the boot, did you get it all explained to you? The way that if you slifde the seat forward before folding it you have a perfectly flat floor? The way there are two lids to the module, one of which has carpet uppermost, but when you flip the panels forwards there's a non-slip rubberised one. The attention to detail and the "surprise and delight" features are great!

I will not be posting in the Aygo forum :P

A

One thing I don't like about that interior, is those lego-looking giant dials in the centre console, near the bottom.

Could've used something a bit nicer IMO....

There is a way round that - get the T-Spirit and revel in your climate control!

A

Was that Ron Brooks in Ilkeston you went to?

It was Listers Nuneaton ........ which is better than my local Mr T!

Mr T are building all their garages to look the same, which is one reason why you might be confused.

Of course it looks a lot better in the flesh than in the photo's, so if your keen on it in the photo's I suggest that you go and see it.

The boot is amazing and I'm sure that there's a few other thing's that I might have missed out ......

It's growing on me everyday!

Go check it out ....... Plus where's my commission Mr T :P !

The boot is amazing and I'm sure that there's a few other thing's that I might have missed out

Yes, I can say, as an owner of one, it's awesome to be able to make the boot larger or smaller, and increase or decrease rear passenger leg room, depending on where the space is needed at the time...The recline for the rear passengers is trick, too...And the levers to do it move so nicely, it truly is pleasing to move the seats around just to revel in the engineering of the rear seat design!

Cheers

The boot is amazing and I'm sure that there's a few other thing's that I might have missed out

Yes, I can say, as an owner of one, it's awesome to be able to make the boot larger or smaller, and increase or decrease rear passenger leg room, depending on where the space is needed at the time...The recline for the rear passengers is trick, too...And the levers to do it move so nicely, it truly is pleasing to move the seats around just to revel in the engineering of the rear seat design!

Cheers

:blink:

Do you guys not get the modular boot thingy? With storage underneath and the ability to form a flat floor?

Ours could always do the whole "slide back and forth" thing...

A

Yes, we got that modular stuff on our new Yaris' underneath as well...On the 04/05s we didn't even have fold-flat, let alone slide or recline...