Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Broadband Isp?

Jones~32

Who provides your broadband?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Who provides your broadband?

• AOL
    • Tiscali
    • Wanadoo
    • BT
    • Bulldog
    • Newnet
    • NTL
    • Telewest
    • Virgin.net
    • Pipex
    • Other (Post Provider)

I HATE posts about internet connections!!! :ffs: :P

I'm with a wonderful provider called Kingston Communications, it costs me £27 a month for 1mb unlimited downloads, even if I wanted to change to another system I CAN'T because they have the monopoly in this area and they are the only ones I can use!!

They have just increased my telephone line to a new service where all local calls are free, as I make one maybe two local calls a year never mind a month I am paying extra for someting I don't use and there is **** all I can do about it!!!

KINGSTON COMMUNICATIONS Kiss my hairy :censor: and shove your :censor: sevice in the same place you worthless :censor:

plus.net premium service.

21.99 a month for 2Meg - no download limits, no rate shaping, 20:1 contention rate....

Same here.... I've had no dropped connection all the time i've been with them....

Me neither until about three months ago! I've been with 'em for over two years and apart from the odd problem they have been fine. Recently though things seem to have gone downhill :( as a quick look at the forums there shows... Although most people who post on the forums are going to be complaining as happy people don't tend to post "Everything's Fine!" on the forums. I think they recently took over a couple of ISPs and are now feeling the pinch when it comes to supporting all the extra customers that that has brought them.

Cheers,

Jim

I HATE posts about internet connections!!! :ffs:  :P

I'm with a wonderful provider called Kingston Communications, it costs me £27 a month for 1mb unlimited downloads, even if I wanted to change to another system I CAN'T because they have the monopoly in this area and they are the only ones I can use!!

They have just increased my telephone line to a new service where all local calls are free, as I make one maybe two local calls a year never mind a month I am paying extra for someting I don't use and there is **** all I can do about it!!!

KINGSTON COMMUNICATIONS Kiss my hairy  :censor:  and shove your  :censor: sevice  in the same place you worthless :censor:

Hey Les,

My live in/carer job is for an elderly lady with alzheimers.Her daughter and her husband visited last week....he is managing director of guess who? :lol:

Shall i pass your message on :D :P

Been with NTL for 5 years, on 2meg now and never had any problems which is just aswell because I hear it is a nightmare to get through to their tec support.

They are upgrading all users to 10meg next year apparently. Still only paying for 750k thay keep upgrading me, cheers.

UKOnline 8Mbit here too, I've been perfectly happy with it though. £24.99 now with no monthly limits and fast connection :) Connection is rock solid and fast too. Their ADSL 2+ (up to 22Mbit) looks interesting, but I'm too far from the exchange to get much of a speed boost and I don't fancy forking out for another router either.

I can see why Sotal might not be impressed though, getting through to support on the phone is supposed to be a complete nightmare (people on hold for over an hour!). I've never had to call them though, perhaps I've just been lucky.

Try www.adslguide.org.uk for advice, they've got comparisons for lots of ISPs. Take a look at their ISP forums too, just remember that people are far more likely to register and post there to complain than sing someone's praises.

Telewest Blueyonder Broadband here, no problems with it at all...very very occasionally it'll drop the connection but it has limits and is very fast, plus they keep upgrading the speed free of charge which is great too.

Hey Les,

My live in/carer job is for an elderly lady with alzheimers.Her daughter and her husband visited last week....he is managing director of guess who? :lol:

Shall i pass your message on  :D  :P

Nah!

I wouldn't want him to burst a blood vessel laughing at another one of his sucker customers who is unsatisfied, besides if they lost the monopoly he might loose his £300K a year salary plus £500K bonuses. ;)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links