Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mitsubishi Fto

sotal

All in the title really!

I've been looking at Mitsubishi FTO's - I really like the style but they seem a bit cheap. What's wrong with them??

I was looking at a 1995 200bhp FTO GPX MIVECV6 - £2495.

In my head I'm comparing it to a Celica GT, so the FTO has more bhp for about the same money.

Come on then guys give me the bad points and put me off so I can stick to Toyota!!

erm, they are front wheel drive - have high revving Mivtec engines...

But, i think they are all imports - so servicing could be an issue, as is insurance... but dont quote me on that...

We call them FTslows up here 'cos they are all slow, not even the MIVEC thing is that quick! Suppose they look okay though! :thumbsup:

If you want a fast car, don't buy 1! :)

I think they are a bit lighter than a celica, and more powerful. So faster, but probably not as refined as a celica.

Stay away from the tiptronic gearbox models - they are a weak point and horrendously expensive to fix.

finding a manual 1 would be fun.

i nearly bought 1 but the rear arches on the few i looked at were blistering , i have seen a few more since that appear to have been sprayed in that area also.i read also only mits dealers can mend them if they break as not many peeps know about them ????? i recon the celica will outlive an fto

Never owned one but I borrowed one for the weekend once when my tubby was getting repaired (gearbox)

There quite modern inside, but they arent very quick.

Also the triptonic gearbox was abit of a pain.

But in saying that; overall I did like the car :)

They are total crap.

I have one, its for sale, after the ford probe it is the worst car I have ever owned, Only the probe was better built and faster!

I never truely understood "jap crap" untill I get in my FTO.

check out the for sale section.... its a good car if you want an FTO........ but why anyone would want one is totally beyond me!

One of my workmates has one, Tiptronic has gone west. Quoted £2K to fix it. I did his front ARB bushes and even that was a pig of a job. The engines are good although they apparently have an appetite for valve gear. :unsure:

They are total crap.

I have one, its for sale, after the ford probe it is the worst car I have ever owned, Only the probe was better built and faster!

check out the for sale section.... its a good car if you want an FTO........ but why anyone would want one is totally beyond me!

lovely for sale ad. lmao , that made my day - thanks :lol::lol:

They are total crap.

lovely for sale ad. lmao , that made my day - thanks :lol::lol:

That's what I thought! :lol:

Karma - what model is it? Is it the MIVEC or whatever the top one is??

To be honest I'm looking at changing in Spring, but I'll see if you've still got it then if I still want one.

Where people say they are slow - what exactly do you mean?? Are they slow at accelerating?? or have they got a low top speed?

I mean according to the figures they are 0-100km in under 8 seconds and 1/4 mile in 14 seconds which I wouldn't say was slow. I was comparing it to a Celica GT and it appears to be faster - or is it different in reality??

I am a bit put off by the servicing etc but I like the look of the car so it might just end up as one of those things I've got to try once - if I don't like it I can always sell it on!

to me it just didn't want to sprint off the line; whether thats because of the autobox or not beats me.

Also the one i had was limited to 110 mph.

But looking at the rev counter it wasn't going to go much further if you know what I mean.

they are "All Show and No Go" <_<

They are total crap.

Most refreshingly honest sales pitch I've ever read. :thumbsup:

You're setting a fine example, but I can't see it catching on though. :D