Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Well That Was Fun!

Gnome

Coming home from work earlier, and the snow decides to dump itself in my part of the country, just before I get home.

It's dumped about an inch or so in my village.

Great fun when I have to scale THIS to get to my garage and front door (soz bout the naff quality - I need a "gordypix" camera. :D ).

Blizzard-type piccy!

It's only about 50 yards long from road to house, but is a gradient of about 16 - 18%, and I'm doing this in the Yaris.

By the time the pic was taken, I'd gritted the drive, and already got the car in the garage.

Didn't stop. Just went up slowly in first gear, with the wheels skipping and re-gripping as I went up.

Tomorrow - I go donw it. If it slides, I'll cross the road, onto the opposite neighbour's drive, and into the bedroom/ bathroom down the 15 foot drop. The street is on a hillside, so their house is about 15 feet down from street level.

First time I'd ever driven in snow. Ever!

Just slow and easy, no jerky movements of the steering wheel, keep the revs down and sooooo easy on the brakes and you'll be fine. Pretty pics!

oooh snow.... we had 1 or 2 flakes owt more....it can stay like that too..... MR2 + snow = doesnt sound fun unless im alone on roads :P

The snow will probably be gone by tommorrow morning....

I was wondering whether you might have been better of trying to reverse up your drive because if it ain't gone and you can't turn round at the top of your drive, atleast you would be coming down it in first gear.

Lol - that's how I drive anyway Al. Can't afford to be using this petrol in under 300 miles a tank.... :D

You do? :o

Yeah, got to watch the fuel with these gas guzzlers. :lol:

Yeah Snow ......... Been pritty bad here too, glad i've got two new tyres on the way!

Be wary if your tyres lose grip as I had a bad experience of turning the steering wheel when the wheels lost grip and started spinned, it then gripped and wanted to go into some bushes ....... propper s**t myself!

We all learn from our mistakes :yes: !

That's what happened to me in January Dave, when my Micra entered a hedgerow.... :D

I slid into my road this evening at 10mph as well.....

Al: Until my tight-bummed company give me a riase, or I find a better job, I'll have to drive my yaris that it gets 350 miles from a tank.... :D

Yeah, I got to leave work 20 mins early because of the snow, but driving home was horrible - 20mph all the way!

As long as you take it easy and make no sudden movements (I am talking about driving in snow, not attempting to cuddle a rabid dog :lol: ) then you'll be fine!

And for gods sake dont try and reverse up a kerb like me - I realised after about 20 attempts that there was no grip.... :lol::lol:

dumped about 3 inches on us :ffs:

celicas grip on snow just like an ice skate

f......in brown adrenilin !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Coming home from work earlier, and the snow decides to dump itself in my part of the country, just before I get home.

It's dumped about an inch or so in my village.

Great fun when I have to scale THIS to get to my garage and front door (soz bout the naff quality - I need a "gordypix" camera. :D ).

Blizzard-type piccy!

It's only about 50 yards long from road to house, but is a gradient of about 16 - 18%, and I'm doing this in the Yaris.

By the time the pic was taken, I'd gritted the drive, and already got the car in the garage.

Didn't stop. Just went up slowly in first gear, with the wheels skipping and re-gripping as I went up.

Tomorrow - I go donw it. If it slides, I'll cross the road, onto the opposite neighbour's drive, and into the bedroom/ bathroom down the 15 foot drop. The street is on a hillside, so their house is about 15 feet down from street level.

First time I'd ever driven in snow. Ever!

[

Bloody Hell! We don't see anything like that over here :blink: nor do we have things like the willy dangling at the l.h.s. of Pic #1 :lol::eek:

Mwa ha ha ha ha - only the slightest sprinkle up here althought its blooming cold.

It would have to be incredibly deep before I could use snow as an excuse not to be at work - unlike you southerners we can't just shut up shop in bad weather (damn it!) :P

Good luck in the morning - downhill's much worse than uphill imho.

My first Yaris (identical to yours Gnomey, but a P1) did a fine bit of sledging once off a 4 foot drop and into a rock when there was ice under snow on the s-bends down from my parents' house. All it needed was a new tyre, lower bumper and front crossmember - not bad considering.

:thumbsup:

A

Oh this really worries me, we've not had any snow here yet and i'll be brickin it when it does...

Really worried about the Supe in the snow, it's the only car i've got though so it's not like I have a choice?!!

For work I used to drive an old Clio 1.9D - A good three years ago. One day while driving to work, in snow, I hit black ice as I braked for a large roundabout... sorry, a large *busy* roundabout. Of course, Renault hadn't even heard of good brakes back then, let alone ABS and I proceeded to slide at a speed of about 3mph across both lanes and into the kerbstone! Luckily most people saw what was happening and slowed down. The swine was that I could've gotten out and walked alongside the car. Left with a nice V in the rim.

Though not quite as bad as the poor woman I saw go into the same roundabout last year a bit too fast, considering there was ice visible all the way towards it and she had her indicator on to turn right. Luckily she skidded (sideways) around the island but she continued (backwards) down the second exit! :D She was okay (after a couple of ciggies). We were the only people mad enough to go out in it so I drove to her to make sure she was okay! ;)

Cheers,

Jim

Lol Alan.

2 things have to happen in winter for me not to go to work.

1) There are 3 routes in and out of my village. All are as steep as my drive. 2 go up hill, the other down with a nice bend at the bottom. If I can't get up the first two, I don't attempt the downhill one, needless to say. :D

2) The other person at my work who works in my village, gets out of the village. Unlikely, as she has to take the same routes as me, in a similar 2-wheel drive car. :D

Driveway was fine this morning. Gritted the drive last night (as can be seen in the pics), and it cleared the entire driveway.

The road was a bit slippy, but got down without a problem.

Looks like the gritters had been through the village at some point too, as the main road through the village was clear as well.

Dem: How was the drive into work this morning?

for that matter, how was everyone's drive to work this morning?

Any Gloucstershire peeps on the boards? Heard alot of people had to abandon cars last night down that way.

Car was covered in snow which had frozen <_< !

Nearly s**t myself when I braked and all the ice on the roof fell on my windscreen ....... apart from that the ABS has kicked in a few times today - once for a idiot pulling out on to a t-junction miles too late :ffs: !

Had to use my girly horn :crybaby:

Had to use my girly horn  :crybaby:

You have *two* horns? ;) Come to think of it... Two horns would be a good idea. One for twots that pull out in front of you that sounds like the Earth coming to a violent end and one for pipping elderly ladies and animals who don't know your even there so as not to frighten the living bejasus out of them...

Cheers,

Jim

"Today, I shall use my 'Manly' horn to warn the unfortunate, the elderly and the idiotic." :)

Had to use my girly horn  :crybaby:

You have *two* horns? ;) Come to think of it... Two horns would be a good idea. One for twots that pull out in front of you that sounds like the Earth coming to a violent end and one for pipping elderly ladies and animals who don't know your even there so as not to frighten the living bejasus out of them...

Cheers,

Jim

"Today, I shall use my 'Manly' horn to warn the unfortunate, the elderly and the idiotic." :)

Nope just the one, but because your not a yaris owner you wouldn't know how pants it sounds :crybaby: :!Removed!:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links