Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Paint Colour Codes?

Akshay

Does anyone know the colour code for the Gold Yaris or tell me where I can find the code on the car itself because my documentation doesn't have it listed. :( I wanted to get a touch up brush made at Halford who do the custom matching.

How come you are getting a custom one i would have thought it would have been easier to go to toyota and you gauranteed the colour match!

The colour code can be got from the plate under the bonnet!

CB :thumbsup:

I didn't know that Toyota sold the touch up pens - can I get these at any dealer then? Halfords make up the paint in small pots using the colour code and then adding constituent colours to make up the required colour. I guess if I can get it already made up from the dealer then thats the best solution?? ;)

I didn't know that Toyota sold the touch up pens - can I get these at any dealer then? Halfords make up the paint in small pots using the colour code and then adding constituent colours to make up the required colour. I guess if I can get it already made up from the dealer then thats the best solution??  ;)

Yes, just pop along to your local dealer with the paint code and ask them. I know they do the touch up pens as I've had one for each of my Yari. They may also do other paint products but I've never asked them.

Incidentally, they aren't actually a pen (or a pencil as Toyota call them!) at all but a touch up brush in the top of a small bottle of paint (like a bottle of Tippex). If you have a metallic colour, which yours is, you also get a bottle of clear lacquer which you paint over the coloured paint once dry.

Hope that helps.

paint.jpg

Oh, nearly forgot... with metallic paints, make sure you shake the bottle for ages or it won't match properly :thumbsup:

Yes................they are quite easy to use.

Remember to shake them well to mix up the paint.

I find that when covering small stone chips the use of a coctail stick is easier than the supplied brush to fill small holes in the paint, (the brush is sometimes too thick).

You will have to put several coats of paint on to make a good job asthe paint is quite thin.

Never rush the job.

Be very careful when using the wire brush (for rust removal) that is supplied in the top of the paint pot.............it is very hard and unforgiving to surrounding paintwork.

Yes, I'd go along with everything that Red Yaris 54 has said there. :yes:

I'd just like to add that I use a small paintbrush for dealing with small marks like paint chips. An OO or OOO sized one is ideal and these can be bought at model shops. Just don't get carried away and end up buying a model kit of your favourite car while you're there or you'll never get your big car done! :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links