Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Fuses Celica Cd Player

shahidafridi

Hey guys sorry i havent said hi or been on for a while been on a long vacation and have only recently got back!

to discover....

one punctured tyre

cd player not functioning

no road tax

empty tank

lol neway my main concern is the cd player...when i switch the engine on the arial does not go up like it used to....it must be a fuse but i dnt have any idea which one.....i know their are fuses both under the steering wheel and under the bonnet but i dnt know which one it is! i cnt access the online manuals which are on the pinned topic so i am totally lost ( i did not get a manual with my celica!)

Can anyone tell me exactly which one it is> ie what amp number aand the location where i can find it....iv been told there are fuses behind the stereo...but iv pulled that out n cnt see any behind it!!!

ps i have a 1994 SS2 (GT)

thanks!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• shahidafridi

• sotal

• GT4 BOOSTER

• greg1234

under steering wheel , its a 10 amp but could be anything if its been changed. , should be a guide on the panel you remove to access the fuses.IN the engine bay fuse box there should be a small white or yellow tool to help you remove fuses to look at them .

under steering wheel , its a 10 amp but could be anything if its been changed. , should be a guide on the panel you remove to access the fuses.IN the engine bay fuse box there should be a small white or yellow tool to help you remove fuses to look at them .

taa GT4 Booster I c u r still the man of knowledge on here!

iv had a look at the ten amp fuses n moved them about they seem to be all working....ie when i take them all out one by one and put them in the heater slot the heaters work with all fuses....so it seems like its not that fuse which is gone....

ne idea if there is a fuse in the engine bay for the cd player? and which one it is?

thanks pal

its inside , its fuse number 12 , 15 amp ,cig lighter, clock, electric mirrors,auto air con,radio bottom row second on the left my car has a 10 amp so its been changed at sometime sorry.

just noticed in my manual under the bonnet fuses numbers 5 or 6 , 20 amp if fitted is also for audio.

fuse 5 if fitted with 10 fuse fusebox , fuse 6 if fitted with 11 fuse fusebox :ffs: :thumbsup:

thanks gt4!

tried them no luck...

is there a fuse art the back of the stereo? i did have a quick look but i prob missed it

cheers

you quite often get a fuse on the stereo as well - depends on the make etc.

Is your clock working? Is the !Removed! lighter socket working??

you quite often get a fuse on the stereo as well - depends on the make etc.

Is your clock working? Is the !Removed! lighter socket working??

hey sotal yeh them two are still workin....

the stereo is the standard one u get with the celicas...the cd and tape combination one

and iv dismantled it but i cant see a fuse on the stereo...unless theres one inside!

iv checked the fuses GT4 boaster said....and nope no difference!

so is the radio not working either.

GT4 boaster

nice freudian slip! :lol:

Sounds like your radio unit is knackered! The fuses from your car should be OK as everything else is working OK,

Option one - take the unit apart and see if they put a little glass fuse inside the unit - won't be great as another fault probably caused it to go

Option two - buy a replacement off eBay for about £20 - won't be great as they are ugly anyway!

Option three - buy a nice aftermarket stereo to replace it :yes:

lol sorry gt4 booooooster!

yup thats correct radio does not work either!

GT4 boaster

Sounds like your radio unit is knackered! The fuses from your car should be OK as everything else is working OK,

Option one - take the unit apart and see if they put a little glass fuse inside the unit - won't be great as another fault probably caused it to go

Option two - buy a replacement off eBay for about £20 - won't be great as they are ugly anyway!

this may seem like a silly question......

but are there only two places where i can find the fuses in my celica....under the steering wheel (about a dozen fuses) and in engine bay (also about a dozen!)

im :censor:

lol sorry gt4 booooooster!

yup thats correct radio does not work either!

GT4 boaster

what you need is another unit in there to try IMHO

pm me i have a uk model radio cassette ,your cd player plugs into the back .if you want it.

maybe in your best interest to buy a single din mp3 cd player and a single din blanking pocket to hide the hole.

mooorning!

an update!

checked all the fuses n relays...and it aint none of them

also got the wires checked out and discovered there is no power coming thru to the stereo..... so seems that the stereo after all is fine

now what could this be> i was told that it may be summit to do with the supressor...lol beats me wat this is...could ne1 gimme some tips...the b!"£$^&s at d local autolec want me to leave my car there for the whole day(apparently coz its an import!!)...yes the WHOLE day...n theyl 'try' n c whats wrng with it....but its gna cost me 40£ an hour!!!

so i thought il check on ere first just in case someone knows summit about supressors!!

appreciate ur help guyz

all you need have done is run a live feed say from the !Removed! lighter and join it to the cd player/radio's live . a 10 minute job and the price of a length of wire-------------ps - suppressors were around in the days of plugs n points n condensors . to stop radio noise AFAIK

Suppressors are still used. They stop interference from motors. Without a suppressor the radio in a car would be awful. Every Scotter that drives past our house makes the digi box go mental, that's because scooters are cheaply made and don't have radios etc.

It won't be the suppressor stopping a live feed, if the suppressor went you would simply get very bad reception on the radio. As GT4 Booster says take the !Removed! lighter out and run a live feed from there to the stereo if possible stick an inline fuse in between just incase there was a fault with your stereo which caused the last problem.

Which Live cable was it that wasn't workinThe Yellow or the Red?? One should be live all the time, the other should only be live when you turn the key to Accessory. Make sure they both work with the car on.

i didnt have the engine running but the ignition was on and neither of them seemed to be working... thanks sotal i think i may have to start the engine n have another goose

GT4 boaster to run a live feed from the cigaratte lighter do i simply just join the wires? many thnks

Suppressors are still used. They stop interference from motors. Without a suppressor the radio in a car would be awful. Every Scotter that drives past our house makes the digi box go mental, that's because scooters are cheaply made and don't have radios etc.

It won't be the suppressor stopping a live feed, if the suppressor went you would simply get very bad reception on the radio. As GT4 Booster says take the !Removed! lighter out and run a live feed from there to the stereo if possible stick an inline fuse in between just incase there was a fault with your stereo which caused the last problem.

Which Live cable was it that wasn't workinThe Yellow or the Red?? One should be live all the time, the other should only be live when you turn the key to Accessory. Make sure they both work with the car on.

You don't need the car running just on! Turn it as far as it will go without starting it up. You can have it running if you want though.

When you take the !Removed! lighter out you will see where the live connects at the end. Solder, Crimp, join however you want a cable to there then run that up to the stereo. I think you will need both to be live to operate the stereo so you would then need to join it to both the yellow and the red wires. The only problem is it won't switch off when you get out of the car so you'll have to switch it off.

I would really check the wiring though first. There is no reason for both those wires to be dead unless a fuse has blown - if you can trace the wires I would and see what the problem is. I would only really suggets the !Removed! lighter power as a temporary solution to find out if the stereo works.

From memory the Yellow wire should be live all the time even when the car is switched off. The red wire should only be live when you turn the key

Also how are you testing the wires?? The best way is with a multimeter, hold the negative against a good earth point like a bare bit of metal or a bolt which goes through, or the outer edge of the !Removed! lighter socket can be good, then use the positive end to test the red and yellow wires. Failing that use a 12volt bulb

You don't need the car running just on! Turn it as far as it will go without starting it up. You can have it running if you want though.

When you take the !Removed! lighter out you will see where the live connects at the end. Solder, Crimp, join however you want a cable to there then run that up to the stereo. I think you will need both to be live to operate the stereo so you would then need to join it to both the yellow and the red wires. The only problem is it won't switch off when you get out of the car so you'll have to switch it off.

I would really check the wiring though first. There is no reason for both those wires to be dead unless a fuse has blown - if you can trace the wires I would and see what the problem is. I would only really suggets the !Removed! lighter power as a temporary solution to find out if the stereo works.

From memory the Yellow wire should be live all the time even when the car is switched off. The red wire should only be live when you turn the key

Also how are you testing the wires?? The best way is with a multimeter, hold the negative against a good earth point like a bare bit of metal or a bolt which goes through, or the outer edge of the !Removed! lighter socket can be good, then use the positive end to test the red and yellow wires. Failing that use a 12volt bulb

what should the readings be on the multimeter? gna have a crack at it tonight!

and hnstly guyz cnt ssay thanks enough!

UR LOOKING FOR 12V CONSTANT

UR LOOKING FOR 12V CONSTANT

thanks pal

can sum1 remind me how to use the multimeter? there are so many 'channels' i dnt know which one to set it to whilst stickin the wires in!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links