Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Virus On The Loose

jaxx

if you get an email from the CIA, about visitng Illegal sites and to open the attachement regarding 'questions'

delete without hesitation and perform a full update and scan with your virus checker JUST to make sure

the attached .exe file will potentially release the W32.SOBER worm onto your computer

;)

no probs, i just got it meself and thought eh?

tapped CIA email into googly and it came straight up with the CIA site explaining there are dumb emails going round etc...

;)

ooooh so open it ifyou want a new computer? hehehe

Actually no :ph34r:

What it will do is send itself to all the email addresses found on your computer, with its own email engine.

It will remove all instances of your email address from your computer.

It basically switches off all the system security features.

and installs itself in the Registry - so you cant just delete it...

Your computer will continue to work as normal, well, with the exception of the email functions :!Removed!:

If you have opened it, and infected your computer with it - removal info can be found at:

Sophos

If the CIA *did* mail me, I'd still delete it ..

I *know* I'm on dodgy sites ;)

I don't get much Spam nowadays, Firefox and Wanadoo both doing their job pretty well but thanks for the warning.

Then again, I wouldn't open it anyway. I don't think the CIA would be interested in my surfing history, would they? :unsure:

Havent had one.. and even if I did....

Who the hell in their right mind opens up .exe files on their PC from an 'unknown' source.... even if it is the CIA... :P

Common sense prevails.... Virus Geeks will do anything these days

but i'll get sacked :P

cia.jpg

Earpl, you have blown your cover...

you are so more than sacked!

Some members of the public have in the past few days received a bogus e-mail falsely attributed to CIA's Office of Public Affairs. CIA did not send that message. In fact, it does not send unsolicited e-mail to the general public, period. If you have gotten such a message, we strongly encourage you not to open the attachment, which contains a destructive virus.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links