Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Imoc Trackday@anglesey

Ken

Right then, IMOC have kindly invited TOC member's along to their trackday on saturday the 11th of March and if all my ring preperation is done then i'm definately off to this :D

Here is a quote from the organiser-

This is a corker of a circuit. Its small, being just over a mile in length, but it has a lovely change of gradient and though easy to pick up it is technical enough to still be a joy to drive even for the most advanced drivers. I've done perhaps 30+ trackdays there and i still love going back.

Run-off is pretty good for the most part and it is an ideal move up from an airfield day to a proper circuit. With that in mind it is an ideal beginners circuit so if you have the chance to lose your track virginity i can think of no better place than Anglesey to do it!

There is also the opportunity for those that wish to do so, to do the following day on Sunday 12th as well.

Here is all the detail's-

42 places

Prices:-

First 10 to book get the price at: £105

The next 10 to book get the price at: £120

The last 22 to book price at: £135

These prices count for both days in case you were wondering so potentially providing you are quick you could get two days at anglesey for £210!! Bargain!

Book online here for the IMOC day at:

http://www.bookatrack.com/-pB?619

The trackday on the Sunday is a general public day booking for this:

http://www.bookatrack.com/-pB?620

Cottaging/IMOC Party

As its a fair trek for some we are organising booking a big cottage for the weekend with a plan to have a bit of a party on the Saturday night with maybe some games etc... Should be fun.. i let Tom/Anna fill you in on that stuff.

Format

Okay we are going to run Open Pit Lane format. This means that you can come and go on track as you wish. However, because with 42 cars this makes the numbers high this will only work well if people are courteous with their time on track.

For this reason when you book up it will show as sessioned. This is because for the first hour we will run sessions so that everyone can get familiarised with the track. Also this means that should running this number of cars become an issue we can fall back on sessions as everyone will know what session they are in if that makes sense. Though hopefully it will run smoothly and everyone will be reasonable with tracktime and we won't have any issues. ;)

Noise limits:

105db @0.5m/45deg.... I think most people (Dale excepted) will pass this no problem. That doesn't mean all the baffles should now come out your NUR spec etc! If it helps at all noise limits here are the same as at Elvington.

2nd drivers/passengers, spectators

2nd drivers are free so no extra cost. If you have more than one extra driver then there is a cost of £50. Passengers are free as are spectators. So even if you are not driving but fancy coming down to watch, bring a helmet, sign on and you can bag some passenger rides for free.

Helmets:

A crash helmet must be worn. If you don't own one you can hire one from BookaTrack (BaT) for £10. It is advisory to book this when you book up for the day as that way you are ensured to get one should the demand become high.

If you borrow one then really it should conform to at least motorbike or motorsport requirements. Its one of those things where it is very much down to you to ensure that your helmet fits correctly hasn't got a crack down the middle etc. End of the day "Its your head" so your responsibility.

Instruction:

Intruction will be available from the lovely Howie who has been driving Anglesey since before the 2nd World War. He knows his stuff and can always tell a thing or two about lines round there. Cost is £20 for 20mins. Again you can book this when you book up for the day or you can pay on the day. Obviously preferential times are given to those who book him first.

Tyres:

We will have a full tyre fitting service at Anglesey courtesy of BookaBeard (Bab) in the BaTtruck. He can fit tyres that you bring or you can order them online at BaT (when you book etc) and have them fitted at the end of the day, which is ideal if you know you are going to run out of tread or you just fancy trashing your existing tyres doing Tiff Needell impressions. ;)

Tyre wear incidentally is I would say probably a third of what you got at Elvington. Anglesey is fairly kind to tyres... would estimate average driving to lose a couple of mm's over the course of the day. Either way because its asphalt its a lot less abrasive than concrete.

Slicks:

No slicks allowed unless you have a rollcage fitted, for obvious reasons i hope.

Bearding:

Well there will be a lot of people there who know their stuff when it comes to MR2s so you should be okay i would hope! But if anything does need some more serious tools Bab can more than likely help you out. So if you want your brake pads changed but don't feel like breaking your nails, Bab will do it for a charge.

If you have any further questions please post them in this topic.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links

Forums

News

Membership