Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yaris Rear Speakers

tat

Can anyone help me with the best way to get some rear Speakers into a 5 door yaris tspirit? is the wiring already in place and where in the back do you put them :D What would be the best Speakers for the job that would match in with the original Speakers.

ICE fans, here is your moment to shine :thumbsup:

Thanks TAT

Ok - there are loads of threads on this which will give you detailed 'how-tos' - but basically get yourself some new parcel shelf Speakers - 6x9s are the most popular choice.

Then its a case of sliding out you headunit and either splicing in a second set of leads or buying a 'green loom' from toyota and running the leads to the rear of the car.

The standard head unit will drive another set of Speakers no problem - but most folks on here will advise you to fit an aftermarket unit.

if you just after some rear Speakers .. as said, the stock headunit will be fine, i powered aftermarket rear Speakers off existing headunit for some time before uprating. Have a look through some peoples garages to see what Speakers people have in theirs, i went for some pioneer 3 ways, 330 watt.. I bought the gilfriend some alpine e types, have to say im very impressed with them :thumbsup:

if you just after some rear speakers .. as said, the stock headunit will be fine, i powered aftermarket rear speakers off existing headunit for some time before uprating. Have a look through some peoples garages to see what speakers people have in theirs, i went for some pioneer 3 ways, 330 watt.. I bought the gilfriend some alpine e types, have to say im very impressed with them  :thumbsup:

Also i would like to add rear Speakers to my 5doors yaris (first serie)...but where have i to put the Speakers? If somebody as alreday done it can please upload a photo?

Your parcel shelf is the best place.

It's recommended that you replace your stock parcel shelf with an MDF one.

I'll hopefully be finishing mine up soon.

I created my own parcel shelf form inch thick mdf and placed some pioneer 8" coaxial Speakers in it !!! Sounds awesome!!

DSC00045.jpg

I then Carpeted it!!!!

DSC00268.jpg

Easy plus looks good!!!!

Good luck ;)

DM

It looks good!...can you please explain me wath MDF means, i don't understand.

And wath about the wires...it's easy to install the wires from the headunit to the rear Speakers (I've a 5 doors yaris)?

Hey there , basically MDF is a Medium-density fibreboard (MDF), it is an engineered wood product formed by breaking down softwood into wood fibres, often in a defibrator, combining it with wax and resin, and forming panels by applying high temperature and pressure . :)

If you simply go to your local hardware store and ask for MDF , they will know what you mean. ! You are best to go for inch thick MDF , and secure it to your parcel shelf using either velcro or screws :thumbsup:

It is fairly simple to run wires down the car , by removing door sills and hiding the wires under the trim .!. :P

Once again

Good Luck

DM