Do Not Sell My Personal Information

10k Service Booked

Demonic Angel

Kaori's 1 year/10k service has been booked - did it all online - very quick and easy!

Within an hour or so, I get my confirmation....

As promised, we are writing to let you know that your service booking has now been confirmed. You should take your vehicle, along with any necessary paper work and your service and warranty booklet to Farmer & Carlisle (Leicester) on 10 December, 8:30 am. The estimated cost of the service you requested will be approximately £96.28.

I've put by about £100 for this service, so £96 sounds reasonable - however, I know there's a possibility it might go up and I can see them taking the mick out of this naive and rather silly lady driver by saying I need this and I need that....

Surely a car thats only done 4300 miles doesnt need very much?

I know I have to tell them what I dont want at the start, so they dont add it and charge me.... but am I obliged to do what they tell me.... as in, if they say "You need more windscreen wash" then am I obliged to buy it from them - or can I say that I'll buy my own and do it later... same with any oil I might need etc etc

I know F&C doesnt do Goldmember discount either - but I'm still gonna try and wave my card at them and see if it helps!

Just looking for any advice as I'm really useless with stuff like this - typical woman! :lol:

I'm also assuming the £96 includes labour? :unsure:

Yeah Em - the service price should be "menuised", but that add on things like oil and washer fluid. Make sure you say "no extra crap" when you hand the keys over though. I forgot and got stung for diesel injector cleaner* that was considerably more expensive than a bottle of Redex in Autosave...

I was a bit pee'd at that...

4,300 miles? Our cars are about the same age and mine's done about 20,300! Oops!

:thumbsup:

A

* If you see deisel injector cleaner on your bill then they really are extracting the urine!

Just make sure you know the price of the standard service and then tell them that you have to be called if they want to do more. If they call make them explain what they're going to do and exactly what it will cost.

Well I've asked for a "While you wait" service, so I'll be there if they need to ask me anything.... planning on checking the new Yaris out whilst I'm there! ;) :thumbsup:

I'll just make it clear I dont want any extras beforehand then.... using my sternest "I know what I'm talking about" voice! :D

I really am quite nervous about it - heaven knows why! :lol:

As above!

Have you booked a Hire Car from Mr T yet :P ?

See if you can sweet talk your way out of the £10 admin charge!

Let us know how you get on at F&C ....... i'm still waiting for Listers Cov to get back to me about my problem about a week ago, plus I still haven't received my questionnaire!

Maybe there scaried :ph34r:

I dont need a car - its while-you-wait!

As I said, I'm using my waiting time to check out the new Yaris! :thumbsup:

Hey - I just sweet-talked my way out of vet consultation fees for my cat for the 2nd time (worth £26!).... if I can do that, Toyota shouldnt be an issue! :lol:

But I'll be keeping a close eye on F&C, I just hope their service dept is as good as their sales.... :thumbsup:

Just tell them not to put anything in the windscreen wash bottle (typically something daft like £6 from Toyota) and tell them not to put in any injector cleaner or anything (typically a tenner from Toyota) and that should bring it down to about £85 if you're lucky! :thumbsup:

Just remember, Em, that they need your custom, more than you need them. I don't know how many Mr T dealers there are in the UK but you can go to any of them of indeed, any on the planet!

Simply tell them you want to be informed before they go ahead with any "extras" (oo-er, missus!) and that you'll be over there, by the new Yaris, as you're looking to upgrade sometime in the future!

They know which side their bread is buttered. :yes:

Just remember, Em, that they need your custom, more than you need them. I don't know how many Mr T dealers there are in the UK but you can go to any of them of indeed, any on the planet!

Simply tell them you want to be informed before they go ahead with any "extras" (oo-er, missus!) and that you'll be over there, by the new Yaris, as you're looking to upgrade sometime in the future!

They know which side their bread is buttered. :yes:

I hope so.... and they want me back to talk about the possibility of an upgrade too... I got a letter from my sales lady a few days ago asking me to pop by and chat about any "further requirements" I might need.... :lol:

I'm really putting my foot down though - I'm not there to buy (yet!), I'm there to service - Rich would throw a fit if I came back saying I'd ordered a(nother!) new car! :unsure::lol:

Why not go one better...

Turn up with the consumables you want them to use!

Get the same old Shell Helix oil as they use..

Get a toyota air filter from SAS...

get the oil filter from SAS...

turn up..say please use these..and just charge me for the labour!!

They make the money on the consumables...not the labour charges.

They won't like it..but they can't do anything about it!!

so to do the basic service ..would cost aorund £40 in labour..tops.

Just had my volvo done..they charged £90 just for the oil!!!! same quantiy same brand get it for £25 on the highstreet...daylight robbery!

Vipes

Never knew they offered "while you wait" servicing actually, or that they did online booking :unsure: useful things to offer tho :thumbsup:

Well I'll let you all know just how long I actually have to wait, I have to be there for 8.30 and I dont wanna be sitting there til the afternoon waiting!

But yeah, online, really quick and simple and no hassle at all! Just get an email through about 3 hours after you book giving you the details! :thumbsup:

Well I dropped mine in at 9:30 and it wasn't ready till 5:30 ....... I popped in at 4pm to see if it was ready and it wasn't!

:censor: know's what they where doing?

Well I dropped mine in at 9:30 and it wasn't ready till 5:30 ....... I popped in at 4pm to see if it was ready and it wasn't!

:censor:  know's what they where doing?

Yeah but yours wasnt a while-you-wait though was it?

And wasnt that at Listers Coventry mate?

My last service was a while you wait thingy and I was in there for just over an hour which wasn't bad really. Only cost me £94 too! :thumbsup:

A standard service shouldnt take much more than an hour - and it at the end of the day it all comes down to what sort of priority you get.

Yes, mine was around an hour. They offered me a seat and coffee but as my Mum only lives half a mile away, I walked there and had a nice meal. They phoned me before I'd even finished and I picked up my car about half an hour later, no probs.

edit: Should have said, this was my last Yaris. This one is only coming up to 7k.

Edited by Al J

Why not go one better...

Turn up with the consumables you want them to use!

Get the same old Shell Helix oil as they use..

Get a toyota air filter from SAS...

get the oil filter from SAS...

so to do the basic service ..would cost aorund £40 in labour..tops.

Just had my volvo done..they charged £90 just for the oil!!!! same quantiy same brand get it for £25 on the highstreet...daylight robbery!

Vipes

shock horror so dealers make money on consumables !!

hardly a lot on a 10k service.... i guess you go to work for free then ??

fair price for excellent service and your peace of mind surely thats better than messing about to save a few quid on your own supplied oil and filter ??

btw a dealer does not have to service your car if they dont want to !!

shock horror so dealers  make money on consumables !!

fair price for excellent service and your peace of mind surely that's better than messing about to save a few quid on your own supplied oil and filter ??

BTW a dealer does not have to service your car if they don't want to !!

But then there's making money and then there's Making Money ...... saving money is never "hassle" in my point of view! And many local garages offer excellent service and piece of mind , better than some dealerships and at a fraction of the cost.

At the end of the day it's what the individual wants to do and if they don't like it - they can take their business elsewhere!

Welcome to TOC!

Yes, mine was around an hour. They offered me a seat and coffee but as my Mum only lives half a mile away, I walked there and had a nice meal. They phoned me before I'd even finished and I picked up my car about half an hour later, no probs.

edit: Should have said, this was my last Yaris. This one is only coming up to 7k.

well I'm taking a good book and checking out the new Yaris so I should be ok for time then!

This cars only done 4300 (I'm sure it must be a TOC 1st service record! :lol: ) miles but I still have to take it in to be serviced..... why they dont do it just on mileage I dont know.... :lol:

This cars only done 4300 (I'm sure it must be a TOC 1st service record!  :lol: ) miles but I still have to take it in to be serviced..... why they dont do it just on mileage I dont know....  :lol:

I have a funny feeling our French one got serviced at less than 2k miles, but I'm not sure - its certainly VERY low mileage...

The reason for a time/mileage gap is because there are some items which deteriorate over time - brake fluid, for example, is hydroscopic and absorbs water over time rather than over mileage so it has to be replaced that way. A service also gves the garage a chance to check for parts seizing through under-use such as brake shoes/callipers and stuff.

:thumbsup:

A

shock horror so dealers  make money on consumables !!

fair price for excellent service and your peace of mind surely thats better than messing about to save a few quid on your own supplied oil and filter ??

btw a dealer does not have to service your car if they dont want to !!

Was Sarcastic..based on asking them to do things like asking them not to change the washer fluid... but I guess it's lost on some people...but they do mark up on consumables a good 100%

Vipes

Personally I dont see any harm in trying to save money from a worldwide company that makes millions upon millions! ;)

Definitely need new wipers though, so will specifically ask for them! :yes: