Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

10k Service Booked

Demonic Angel

New wipers from Mr T... that will be £50 :P

They do a good job though.... told my local mechanic who I trust immensly and he is brilliant, that the dealers sometimes call a few days later asking if everything is ok..his response..."I don't need to call as I KNOW everything will be ok" classic!

Vipes

I agree.

the amount a company like Toyota would make in a year, it's shocking to see things like "topping up your washer fluid" with a price that you would equate to 24c gold wheels! :D

I can also tell you, they will make money on their labour charges too.

Otherwise, I think alot more people would go into mechanics if they were getting every penny of the labour charge given by Mr T. ;)

aye...of course they make money on the labour...but at least it's not rubbing it in your face when you know how much the consumables really cost...even from a shop...not heavily discounted as they get.

forgot to mention Demonic.. I bet you that they skim your discs! " they were a little pitted so we skimmed them, we did this free though as a service to you" yeah right..your just making em wear quicker so you can say at a service or two down the road..."discs are a bit worn..will need to replace them"

Bet they do it demonic...anyone else? bet they do more than they leave!

turn up..say please use these..and just charge me for the labour!!

They make the money on the consumables...not the labour charges.

They won't like it..but they can't do anything about it!!

shock horror so dealers  make money on consumables !!

hardly a lot on a 10k service.... i guess you go to work for free then ??

fair price for excellent service and your peace of mind surely that's better than messing about to save a few quid on your own supplied oil and filter ??

BTW a dealer does not have to service your car if they don't want to !!

But then there's making money and then there's Making Money ...... saving money is never "hassle" in my point of view! And many local garages offer excellent service and piece of mind , better than some dealerships and at a fraction of the cost.

At the end of the day it's what the individual wants to do and if they don't like it - they can take their business elsewhere!

Welcome to TOC!

Yes, welcome.

By the way, Lindop, you don't happen to be my Toyota dealer in Queensferry, do you? :P

aye...of course they make money on the labour...but at least it's not rubbing it in your face when you know how much the consumables really cost...even from a shop...not heavily discounted as they get.

forgot to mention Demonic.. I bet you that they skim your discs! " they were a little pitted so we skimmed them, we did this free though as a service to you"  yeah right..your just making em wear quicker so you can say at a service or two down the road..."discs are a bit worn..will need to replace them"

Bet they do it demonic...anyone else? bet they do more than they leave!

If my discs are pitted after 4300 miles then I'd be very worried! But hey, thanks for the tip, I'll make sure they dont do that too!

I really am not going to take any tripe from them - I just want new wipers and thats that! Foot goes down! :lol:

Anything else to watch out for?

Yeah, just make sure you get Kaori back and they don't fob you off with an All New Yaris as a replacement! :lol:

Yeah, just make sure you get Kaori back and they don't fob you off with an All New Yaris as a replacement! :lol:

Ha ha haa - how dare they Al! :lol::lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links