Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Installing Neon Light In Yaris Help?

ali_1

Hi there,

i have just bought a phase 1 yaris and got some neon lights. I dont' want to connect them through the cigarette lighter - to many wires!

does anyone know where i can find an alternative power supply i.e the Battery. I need to know if there's a gap between the glove box and Battery - so i can feed a wire through.

this sounds more complicated than it is! hope you can help

thanks

Ali

Newbie :-)

either you can take them from the interior light so they come on when you open the doors.

You can connect them behind the cd player and power them from that, there's plenty of room behind and you can easily run the wires and hide them.

If you do run them behind the glovebox you will need a fuse somewhere in between, about 6-8 inches from the Battery. There is plenty of room behind the glovebox, but the wires come out quite high up behind, so you'll need to really get under there to find the wires.

Also there's a rubber grommet in the engine bay at the back on the passenger side take your wire through there if you decide to connect it from the Battery.

There is also a grommit on the drivers side, this will probably easier to get to than pass side!

If you wire into the Battery you will need to source a switch otherwise neons will be on all the time!

I used a max p multi switch can wire up to 4 dirrent things into the box and comes with a tidy little touch pad

i connected it to the door, ran the wires up to the switch. seemed easier and you get a better reaction when people open the door and they come on :)

i connected it to the door, ran the wires up to the switch. seemed easier and you get a better reaction when people open the door and they come on :)

mine used to be wired into the interior light so did the very same, but i re wired so could use when i wanted, cant say i use them all that much but nice to have all the same

max power ross yea yea i know what ur thinking, its only a switch tho :ph34r:

Hi

i found the rubber moulds when i opened the bonnet one at the driver and passenger side.

now if i wanted to get behind the glovebox how would i dismantle it?

sorry about this. I know how to take the middle panel of when installing a headunit if thats any help?

thanks

either you can take them from the interior light so they come on when you open the doors.

You can connect them behind the cd player and power them from that, there's plenty of room behind and you can easily run the wires and hide them.

If you do run them behind the glovebox you will need a fuse somewhere in between, about 6-8 inches from the battery. There is plenty of room behind the glovebox, but the wires come out quite high up behind, so you'll need to really get under there to find the wires.

Also there's a rubber grommet in the engine bay at the back on the passenger side take your wire through there if you decide to connect it from the battery.

i have 2x 6-7" neon lights - what fuse size would you recommend?

thanks

why the gromits?!

I say this all the time, there is a hole in the passenger footwelll

why put an hole through the grommit if there is a hole in the passenger footwell, i just dont get it

i have 2x 6-7" neon lights - what fuse size would you recommend?

thanks

maybe a 5amp as the don't run off much, but if you find it's popping the fuse change to a 10amp.

WHY THE CHUFFING GROMITS??!!!

I SAY THIS EVERY CHUFFING TIME, THERE IS A HOLE ON THE PASSENGER FOOTWELL!!!!

why put an hole through the grommit if there is a hole in the passenger footwell, i just dont get it

didn't know thee was a hole in the passenger footwell, whereabout is it.

now if i wanted to get behind the glovebox how would i dismantle it?

Just squeeze the glove box by its sides while its open...itll fall out then!

:thumbsup:

I like the sound of having neons in the footwells that come on when I open the door but I'm useless with electronics etc & frankly I'd rather pay some1 who knows what they're doing to do it, any1 got any kind of idea what that would cost all in?

I like the sound of having neons in the footwells that come on when I open the door but I'm useless with electronics etc & frankly I'd rather pay some1 who knows what they're doing to do it, any1 got any kind of idea what that would cost all in?

Mate its easy, just buy a set of twin cathodes, then buy some wire, extend and run it up to the roof where the switch is and put it between the two contacts.

I assume it wouldnt cost more than 30£ for someone to do it, seeing as it is a simple job.......

Ed

matt, it because that grommet it under the car :rolleyes: and you'd need more wire, and then it would proberly let water in. only a fool who'd rivit their wings on would use that grommet.

why the gromits?!

I say this all the time, there is a hole in the passenger footwelll

Hi

i tried looking for this hole in the passenger footwell but can't find it. I removed the carpet thing and could only see a velcro fastener.

whereabouts it it?

Also how do i strip the roof of the car so i can wire my neons to that switch?

thanks

i need step by step instructions as this is my first car (spent a lot of money)! lol

well what i did was :

- take off the switch so you can get to underneath the roof.

- pull back the plastic near the top of the roof and with a wire attatched to something solid, push underneath through to the switch.

- then i simply ran the the wires behind the seat belt thingey and underneath my T sport kickplates.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links