Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

In Car Toyota Manual

sheffield united

hello everyone my wife has just bought a 2004 1.3 t3 yaris when we got it home we had a look in the glove box for the drivers manual, it was not there we need to know a few things about the buttons and controls for the radio and there is a blue light that comes on some mornings but not allways whats this mean ? is there any web site to download a in car manual thanks for reading this post hope someone can help us....

the blue light comes on when the engine is cold, the light goes off when the oil get's to the right temperature, so nothing to worry about.

there is also the same icon that comes on in red when the engine's too hot. It can also come on when the coolant is running low

as for a download manual I don't know, but have a look on eBay as there has been 1 or 2 on there lately

just had a look on ebay there are 3 on there

thanks for that but the light did not come on this morning and it had been left out all night so it was cold do i have a problem ?

Go back to where you got it from and enquire about the manual..... if you got it from a Toyota centre they should be able to supply you with one! :thumbsup:

...we need to know a few things about the buttons and controls for the radio...

You think you will be able to understand all the cryptic labels, all the buttons (with mutiple functions!), and dials to use the radio properly once you have the Owner's Manual? Forget it! :(

--

Bee.

thanks for that but the light did not come on this morning and it had been left out all night so it was cold do i have a problem ?

You shouldn't have ........ Sometimes mine comes on and sometimes it doesn't, and it takes anywhere from 1 second to 5 minutes to turn off!

I guess if it doesn't turn off after a long period of driving then you may have a problem :thumbsup: !

You shouldn't have ........ Sometimes mine comes on and sometimes it doesn't, and it takes anywhere from 1 second to 5 minutes to turn off!

I guess if it doesn't turn off after a long period of driving then you may have a problem :thumbsup: !

why is that im from sheffield so what

Depends on the temperature - if it's around 8/9 Degrees then sometimes it'll come on in our Yaris Blue, othertimes it wont. I don't think it's anything to worry about unless it's something like 0 degrees and it doesnt come on!

...we need to know a few things about the buttons and controls for the radio...

You think you will be able to understand all the cryptic labels, all the buttons (with mutiple functions!), and dials to use the radio properly once you have the Owner's Manual? Forget it! :(

--

Bee.

I don't find the buttons and dials difficult to use at all on the Yaris, altho when I had my Yaris T3 I did spend about 10 minutes or so familarising myself with it all and that was it - been fine ever since but yes you should have a manual. I find it strange that some owners seem to "keep" the manuals, all that I had for the T3 in the Yaris Passport when I got her from new went with her when she went in Part-Exchange.

Hope you get it sorted ;)

I don't find the buttons and dials difficult to use at all on the Yaris, altho when I had my Yaris T3 I did spend about 10 minutes or so familarising myself with it all and that was it - been fine ever since....

Maybe it is the unconventional way it goes about getting into various functions, and, its lack of consistency which is most annoying. By this I mean, to get to a similar function, a different route of access is called for. It's OK for a while but 6 months on, all is forgotten, and I have to dig out the Owner's Manual to start all over again.

It's a good unit. From what I read, it is most probably a Pioneer

By the way, what is 'EON'? On the display (on p145 and p149 of my Manual), below the 1st line of time and temperature, there is this line-up of 'TP EON AF REG ST'. I know the other symbols but 'EON' has eluded me!

--

Bee.

I've got a light that comes on in the morning, whenever I've had the engine off for any amount of time, as soon as I turn it on a red light comes on & after a few seconds turns blue then stays on until I've drove about half a mile. If it's the same light it's nothing to worry about.

I got my book off eBay for around the £10 mark & it's full of useful info

I got my book off eBay for around the £10 mark & it's full of useful info

It costs the dealer £10 for the manual so its about the same price.

By the way, what is 'EON'?  On the display (on p145 and p149 of my Manual), underneath the 1st line of time and temperature, there is this line-up of 'TP  EON  AF  REG  ST'.  I know the other symbols but 'EON' has eluded me! 

Enhanced Other Networks (EON)

Most RDS tuners are now fitted with the EON facility, which offers the ability for local stations to 'break into' a national station's broadcast for the duration of a Traffic Announcement. When listening to a BBC national station, such as BBC Radio 3, EON will tell the radio about any traffic bulletins being broadcast by BBC stations in the local area. The radio would switch to the local BBC radio station for the travel bulletin, then back to the national station when the bulletin had finished. For example, when travelling through Oxford whilst BBC Radio 2 is tuned-in, the radio will switch to BBC Radio Oxford for any travel bulletins, with the TA function switched on. This feature is not usually implemented on commercial radio stations, such as Classic FM. While a proportion of the RDS datastream is used to provide programme and contact information for Classic FM, a small amount is classed as an "Additional Services Licence". This spare capacity on the RDS is used by Itis Holdings to provide a RDS-TMC (Radio Data System-Traffic Message Channel) service, using Classic FM's RDS. Cars fitted with the necessary electronics are able to decode this information and it is used to provide navigational and traffic information.

The EON feature will work even if a cassette or CD is being played; the CD or tape will be interrupted by a local or national travel bulletin if 'EON' is lit in the radio's display.

Yoinked off a website courtesy of me :D Tbh it seems like a very similar (if not the same) concept as TA/TP/TI or whatever you want to call it! Website explaining Radio abbreiviation Jargon

Enhanced Other Networks (EON)

<snip>

Yoinked off a website courtesy of me :D Tbh it seems like a very similar (if not the same) concept as TA/TP/TI or whatever you want to call it! Website explaining Radio abbreiviation Jargon

On p148 of the Manual, it says,"TA (Traffic Announcement) function: A station that regularly broadcasts....the initial operation resumes. "TP ON": Waiting for the traffic info *with* the FM program on. "TA ON": Waiting for the traffic info *without* any programs on." Now, there is "TA" on the LCD screen but no "TP", only "EON". So it seems that the Yaris radio confusingly uses "EON" to mean "TP"! I have to play around with this some more to find out.

Eh....still a bit dazed! The link on jargon led me to this: http://www.radio-now.co.uk/faq1.htm; and this: http://www.rds.org.uk/rds98/rds98.htm (3/10 down the page) which has a short explanation of EON. I'll continue some more digging to try to, once and for all, get to the bottom of this EON thing..... Thanks, Woody27.

--

Bee.

Eh....still a bit dazed!  The link on jargon led me to this:  http://www.radio-now.co.uk/faq1.htm; and this:  http://www.rds.org.uk/rds98/rds98.htm (3/10 down the page) which has a short explanation of EON.  I'll continue some more digging to try to, once and for all, get to the bottom of this EON thing.....  Thanks, Woody27.

--

Bee.

The link should be http://www.radio-now.co.uk/faq1.htm (the same as what you got without the semi-colon ;)

Your more than welcome for the help as it was only me breifly looking it up on the net! :P

Radio's easy, lights are easy!

Stereo buttons that may seem odd...

AST = Automatic stereo/search tuning. Press and hold for 5secs and the radio automatically picks up and stores all the stations it can find.

On the 1,2,3,4,5,6 numbers - SCAN, RPT, RAND = For CD player functions, scan first 7secs of each track, repeat track, random on the cd.

TRIP = Flicks between fuel consumption, average consumption and average speed

Tape-CD = Flicks between the sources of either Tape, CD or cd changer (press and hold to change between Track number and Elapsed time of track)

AM-FM = Flicks between 3 sets of FM stations (selectable with the number buttons lower down) and one set of AM stations

Mode = Basically menu button, allows altering of clock, consumption measurings, bass & treble, various radio functions and all this is changed with the up/down arrows, the scan back/forward arrows or by twiddling the volume knob. (Press and hold to turn illumination of display on or off)

Guidance & Reroute = These do nothing unless in the menu or unless you have sat-nav.

Scan left & Right = Skips CD tracks, scans cd tracks, tunes in radio stations

Big knob = Volume and settings alteration. (Pressing it in does absolutley nothing!)

Hope some of this helps! Any more help required... ask somebody else 'cos im off 2 the pub (on lates 2mora!!)

Big knob = Volume and settings alteration. (Pressing it in does absolutley nothing!)

Lies, pushing the button in gives you 5bhp! :D :thumbsup:

Lies, pushing the button in gives you 5bhp! :D :thumbsup:

Only 5bhp!.....................I get at least 10bhp more when I press in my (secret) boost button ;)

Please don't tell everyone about this as I understand that it is not fitted to all Yariis............only 1.0 litre Ph2's (So that would explain why Graham thinks it does nothing ;) )

Only 5bhp!.....................I get at least 10bhp more when I press in my (secret) boost button ;)

Please don't tell everyone about this as I understand that it is not fitted to all Yariis............only 1.0 litre Ph2's (So that would explain why Graham thinks it does nothing ;) )

I thought it was 7.5 :P

It's also on P2 1.3 Yarii actually Steve ;)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links