Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Is It Wise To Wire A Car Stereo Direct 2 Batt?

dermotos

I have just installed the head unit in my yaris (thanks for the tutorial whoever posted it), and its cool & all, but when playing mp3s and wmas from CDs or thru the USB port on the headunit (deadly innit?!) the load time is about 20 seconds. This is annoying, espically if im sitting, say, waiting in the car & listening to the stereo, then start the car. The stereo goes off, and no music for another 20 seconds. And it'll start at the particular mp3 file, but at the start of that file again.

Is it wise to connect both the Red (which normally goes to the power thats live when the ignition or accessory is on) to the yellow (direct bettery connection... nice and thick by the way) wire. Is there a surge from the Battery that could blow my stereo when i start the car? Its fused also, which raised suspicions for me.

I understand the stereo would not turn off when i turned off the engine, and thats fine, its what id like.

Can't see nothing wrong in joining the two wires together and then connecting them to the live feed. I used to do it all the time and never had any problems..... Some cars don't have the ignition wire to the back of the headunit so you have to do it.....

Add in a fuse .. and then use the +ive and earth .. don't just run two wires from Battery to the HU ..

And don`t forget to switch it off or you`ll end up pushing the car one cold dark morning.