Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Speed Camera Vans

Corolla_XLI

Has anybody seen the new speed camera safety vans around the Oxfordshire area? They are painted in stealth dark green and from the back look like normal road maintenance vans. :censor: They are easily identified by 2 large blacked out windows in the back. I've nearly been caught last week, not that I was speeding or encourage speeding or anything (doing 75mph at the time). Luckily it was after 4 pm and I've noticed the laser light shining out of the back window and slowed down in time. :thumbsup:

When I was passing it, I've noticed "Oxfordshire road safety..." written on the side of it.

So everyone around Oxfordshire area take care, and keep your eye on the speedo!

dodgy bleeders, it prob a site where theres a permantent camera sign on a lampost like everywhere so you ignore that and shaboom, so its perfectly legal,

reminds me of the copper behind a telegraph pole by santa pod hismmate was visable but was just stood there and could really do you for speeding so u carry on at warp speed an sha boom gotcha, C****

not that I was speeding or encourage speeding or anything (doing 75mph at the time)!

Yes you were speeding...................(by your own admission) tut tut ;) ;) :D

Any ideas what road this was?

I could tell you if it is one often inhabited by a camera van.

Apparently, police don't have to advertise the fact it's a camera van, but County Road department often do, as they just want people to slow down.

Northants police also use dark blue vans apparently.

Someone I know is gonna have a chat to his mates who are still in the force, and see what they say about it.

i remember in Wales on the A55, there was a old reansit van, really shabby looking, with a hole in the back window the size of a tennisball with a copper sitting behind with a camera :/

I think it was A43, you know that really long straight road, just before you get onto M40.... Seen a few of them on the A40 as well. If you are coming from Wheatley to Oxford (via A40), they are usually parked by the lay-by on the left hand side!

Does any one know of where i can get my Yaris serviced and work done, so that I dont have to go to the wasters at Toyota World in Cardiff.- Don't really want to travel to Bristol. :help:

thomasbentley@yahoo.com

Been in contact with the Association of British Drivers, TVRSP (Thames Valley Road Safety Partnership), and Oxfordshire County Council since yesterday.

The ABD had never heard of green vans before, so contacted the TVRSP, who in turn said they only use marked camera vans (white, blue, red, etc).

I then contacted the OCC, on the advice of the TVRSP, and they said that Oxfordshire County Council cannot undertake any speed enforcement.

They have asked however, that if anyone sees one of these vans in the future, to send a photo to them.

So if you see a dark green van as described in the first post, take a piccy, send it to me, and I'll get back in contact with the guy from Oxon County council.

not that I was speeding or encourage speeding or anything (doing 75mph at the time)!

Yes you were speeding...................(by your own admission) tut tut ;) ;) :D

Actually not...

if he meant an indicated 75mph, based on a 10% error margin of most speedo's, that would mean he was actually doing about 68mph... assuming the road was a NSL dual carrigeway or motorway, perfectly legal ;)

I have verified on my car that 75mph (120kph) is 69mph (gps) and therefore is within the legal speed limits ;)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links