Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Traction Control

mrtitty

why cant you turn it off :ffs: Read the manual, located the button....and it is blanked off! Can you get one wired in?

Yep, it really isn't there. No traction control is present on any UK Toyota Yaris's.

It's got ABS and EBD, but no traction control. Doesn't need it... even with Earpls 140bhp the wheels don't lose traction... im sure the chassis could handle a fair bit more to be honest.

Yeah its not there, you get it as standard in Iceland and snowy places like that though. :yes:

Tell you what mate, put the clutch to the floor and then the accelerator to the floor and then dump the clutch and see what happens! :P :thumbsup:

no its not like i spin wheels in 1st, 2nd and 3rd is it :rolleyes:

Well... with your driving maybe... and your roads... even my wheels were spinning out there and iv only a weedy 1.3!

With sensible driving there isn't a need for traction control on a yaris.

Plus, wheelspin is inevitable in almost any car... traction control would be needed for corners mainly... like to aid in the prevention of a slide/spin.

mmmmm Traction control and Dynamic Stabilty Systems, active Yaw control, anti-dive and a flat cap...don't ya just love Volvo!

I had fun in the ice the other day ( empty car park for testing purposes)....ice may has well not have been there... whatever you do it takes over and recovers....

aye..it is boring... :-)...bit like the Volvo Forums....!!

Vipes

I had fun in the ice the other day ( empty car park for testing purposes).

still a retarded thing to do......<_< and if the police had seen you you proberly would have been nicked...........

I had fun in the ice the other day ( empty car park for testing purposes).

still a retarded thing to do......<_< and if the police had seen you you proberly would have been nicked...........

Ermmm no..sensible thing to do..and your even advised to do so..so you know how ABS feels etc.

and no..wouldn't have been nicked as the car park was private..and had no road markings so is not classed as being part of the road.

ok now :rolleyes: was it your "private carpark"

ermm no it wasn't..but if you want to go down that road..and you don't seem to know the law too well..I can park on your driveway and you can't do anything about it..and neither can the police..unless you have a sign up of course that states no trespassing..but I doubt it.

But..if people buy a car..with safety equipment..it's best to know how it reacts in different driving conditions... but then...hey...we already know what happens in the uk when we get some heavy rain..or a bit of snow...yup..accidents left right and centre as people don't have a clue, as they havn't practiced/don't know the charactoristics of their vehicle. I bought a new one...tad different form the Yaris..nice to know how it reacts..not just bad weather..but perfect conditions to...and we don't all have tracks and skid pans nearby sadly.

Vipes

try it in tesco's carpark and wait for the police to come, then we'll see what happens :)

It totally depends on the car park..if they have road markings ie give-way..no entry etc...then aye..they can do ya..else can't do anything..unless they can do ya for causing criminal damage...causing a disturbance..but not very likely with me on my tod...few of ya doing it..fair do's.

oh.. and the UK TS doesn't have Traction control! :-)

I would like to be able to test my car on ice etc ..... I think it's important to know your car and how to handle it if you lost control.

Take to a skid pan then? :P the one at Prodrive has even a part that simulates 3inch of snow! Was great fun in a RX-8 with and without all the electronics! Clever cars! (o and there about to spend a few million building a skid pan at rockingham :D)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links