Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Fitting Ipod Adaptor To 52 Plate French Yaris

AllYourBase

Hi,

I am new here but have been lurking for a while getting some tips of all things Yaris! I wonder if any kind sole could help me with the following:

I have the standard built in toyota cassette/radio jobbie and the TF 0411 CD player which fits in the non-standard sized slot

I would like to also have the ability to connect my iPod mini through a wired connection into my car stereo. I have tried FM adaptors and cassette adaptors and am not impressed by the quality, and also would be like to control the iPod somewhat through my Yaris controls.

The problem I have is my local car audio centre wants me to lose my CD player, they say I cannot daisy chain from my CD player. Is this true? If so could I add a toggle switch to flick between iPod and CD - I don't really want to lose my CD - the car audio shop really isn't being that helpful in giving me any options.

Any recommendations for what kit I should buy to do all this myself?

Is the connects 2 kit the best? Where is a good place for me to buy from?

What about mounting the iPod mini in the car? Any ideas about best practice for inserting a dock in a Yaris? - I don't want it in the cup holders as I would like to see it when driving, again no innovative solutions from the local car audio shop

Sorry to go on but some pointers would be great!!

Thanks for your time!!!

AllYourBase :thumbsup:

Right the 'Connects 2' is all you need and you can get them from Halfords for £50 .....let me dig up some posts for you :thumbsup: !

[EDIT] - all you need to know is here in this thread .... it should answer all your questions, but if you have anymore feel free to ask or pm me!

Welcome to TOC to :thumbsup: !

Edited by ЪV€

I got as far as knowing I needed 'connects 2' - I just need to know how to install it without losing my CD player as I have been told would be the case

I got as far as knowing I needed 'connects 2' - I just need to know how to install it without losing my CD player as I have been told would be the case

You shouldn't if you read the link I just gave you in the post above, it will tell you how it works!

But as im here it works by telling the HU that a cd changer has been added to the car and to change over from the cd on the HU to the CD changer by pressing the 'tape:cd' button again!

But the CD changer is really the 'Connects 2' box with a AUX input for your iPod!

Oh and for a holder I have just brought myself one of these - the cheapest place you can get them from.

Or if you don't like it in white - Linky ..... but alot more expensive

Of course you can get iPod holders of eBay but most look cheap and tacky, plus the links I have provided give them the option to be able to connect to the headphone jack of the product and not the actual iPod itself, plus it charges it too which is a bonus :thumbsup: !

Sneaky, I posted before your 'edit'! :P

So you are sure i can switch between my CD player and a iPod? Bare in mind I don't have a CD changer, but a CD player which goes in the bit where all the tapes are stuffed in this photo:

IMG_1208t.jpg

thanks for your help so far :hokus-pokus:

ps: the cd player is the standard toyota one, i don't think i can daisy-chain from it???

99_1_b.JPG

Ah I get what your saying now ;) !

I can't say it will work 100% but what I can suggest is that you buy it from Halfords and take it back if it doesn't work *just make sure you can before you do!

It's easy to install yourself and shouldn't give you any problems, but I can't see it not working as you just press the 'tape:cd' button to cycle through the different devices as im sure Mr T would have fitted a tape player, cd player and a cd changer!

I just have the CD player and 'Connects 2' device ........ Im not sure if anybody has the tape/cd/connects 2, but if they do please let us know ;) !

Maybe you could remove the wire from the tape player and plug it into the CD player and then use the 'connects 2' as im sure you wont be using the tape player

that's a interesting point, perhaps i could unplug the tape player in favour of my connects 2 ipod connection - that wouldn't lose me the radio would it however as they are all in the same unit?

does anyone know for sure? I am understandably a bit reluctant to start ripping apart the dashboard at this stage! ;)

that's a interesting point, perhaps i could unplug the tape player in favour of my connects 2 ipod connection - that wouldn't lose me the radio would it however as they are all in the same unit?

does anyone know for sure? I am understandably a bit reluctant to start ripping apart the dashboard at this stage!  ;)

Your right you wont be able to lose the tape player as the radio is part of it!

Just found some pics to confirm this!

Might be easier to get a aftermarket alpine headunit fitted, but I am quite attached to my factory fit radio and CD player to be honest - there must be a solution! someone??

but I am quite attached to my factory fit radio and CD player to be honest

Why? Its absolute rubbish! :yes:

I'd go for an aftermarket headunit if I were you! Here's a wee guide to help you out: Fitting a headunit! :thumbsup:

i can confirm that you will not loose anything when you connect the adaptor, i have a similar adaptor on my toyota cd headunit for my mp3 player. the adaptor comes with a pass through cable so that you do not loose the use of your tape player.

i can confirm that you will not loose anything when you connect the adaptor, i have a similar adaptor on my toyota cd headunit for my mp3 player. the adaptor comes with a pass through cable so that you do not loose the use of your tape player.

aren't i already using the port that comes from my tape/radio to connect up my seperate CD player though? - the local car audio shop assures me i would have to lose my cd player in order to connect in the connects 2 ipod kit! <_<

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links