Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Proud Owner

skybluechris

Hey Guys & Gals

As of yesterday i am the proud owner of a 54 plate Yaris Blue (twilight blue) 1.3. And what a car it is to. Having been used to an S reg Fiesta for so long, i felt like a change. The Yaris won me over.

Have read through some of the guides reguarding taking the dash off to fit a connects 2 device for an iPod. I found them very interesting and useful to read. However is it really as simple as its made out ? Would it affect any warranty?. After owning the car for a day it feels strange to be taking it apart. Im happy to stick with CD's for a while but it would be nice to be able to use the trusty iPod again.

Thanks in advance

Chris

P.S Keep up the good work with the forums. :)

hiya chris, welcome to the forum and glad you are happy with your car. Yes the guides are as simple as they make out to be. I remember when i first started to play around with the car. removing the dash seemed very daunting, but following the guides showed how easy a task it is. I cant see it having any warrenty issues either

charlie

:thumbsup:

Welcome to TOC ...... us yaris owners are becoming quite popular now :thumbsup: !

Regarding the 'Connects 2' it is really simple to install and only requires a bit of common sence really to install it, but the guides are on here if you need them!

Refering to the warranty issue Mr T would probably try to wrangle it's way out as he doesn't like to fix things for free, but if you did have any electrical/radio/cd player problem just take it out, as that what many people do on here with there mods! It should take you about 15 minutes if that, and it will take you longer to remove the dash than to connect it up! But as yet I don't know anybody who has had a problem with the 'Connects 2 unit'

If you need anymore info just do a search or ask :thumbsup: !

Hello from another 54 Plate Yaris Blue 1.3 to you!! Nice colour, that was my 2nd choice after the Ice Blue.

Show us pics too if possible.

Melcome to TOC, I hope you enjoy your stay.

Can I take your Coat. there you go I'll put it right over here.

Yes, they're through there, go on through

:P

Just got back from Sutton, the furthest i've been so far in 2 days. It really is excellent to drive, and have so far not been dissapointed. I will take the above info aboard re the iPod. Sounds like the best device to use. Just got to bring myself to attempt to take off the dash. hehe.

Will try and post some pictures as soon as i can. Living where i do in the middle of the countryside it has a tendency to get very muddy. Was sparkling clean yesterday. lol. Infact i will go and clean it now. (not that it will stay clean for long). Thanks for all the replies and the welcome.

Chris

Will try and post some pictures as soon as i can. Living where i do in the middle of the countryside it has a tendency to get very muddy. Was sparkling clean yesterday. lol. Infact i will go and clean it now. (not that it will stay clean for long). Thanks for all the replies and the welcome.

Chris

Anyone who can keep their car clean at this time of year deserves a medal I think! :lol: Our Ice Blue Yaris is a convincing shade of grey now :unsure:

You must be dedicated to go clean it yourself when it's this chilly!

Hello and welcome. Glad you're enjoying your car. Good luck with the ipod connection too. :thumbsup:

Hi and welcome!

See when the inside of your car looks like this:-

gallery_3803_27_1107106758.jpg

Try not to panic! :D

A

lamo @ alan. Now that has got me worried. hehe (jokes)

Thanks all again for the warm welcome. Back to work tomorrow. :crybaby: Looking forward to day 3 as a Yaris owner. :D

Hi and welcome!

See when the inside of your car looks like this:-

gallery_3803_27_1107106758.jpg

Try not to panic! :D

A

You and your gadgets Alan! If you ever need to get those out in a hurry i wouldn't want to be you!!

Welcome to Chris btw :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links