Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Job!

seveer unaek

After much searching, interviews, applications etc etc, iv finally got myself a new job!

Gone are the days of lifting washing machines and dealing with ubik faced customers for £9k a year!

Enter the days of dealing with unruly children and having 13 weeks a year off!

Im going to be a Learning Manager for Brigshaw High School just outside Leeds. I'll be covering 4 out of 5 lessons a day for absent teachers in all areas of the curriculum and then planning lessons with teachers or organising events like plays etc.

Plus, did i mention 13 weeks of holiday a year?!?!?!

Start on the 3rd of January... wish me luck... lord knows im gonna need it!

Congrats! What sort of qualifications do you need for that kind of job? (Just out of interest).

Level 2 English and Maths or higher (GCSE grades A-C) or higher being my A-Levels!

You need to have mega-confidence in dealing with kids and adults and curent knowledge of the Education. They also wanted somebody with HLTA status or a willingness to get it... im willing!

They didn't require much really (Obviously, since i got the job!) just confidence, good sense of humour and ability to deal with pressure.

Thanks all for the well-wishes!

How old are the kids mate? I work in a couple of schools as long as you dont show any fear you will be fine  :lol:  :lol:

very true :lol:

you should hear some of the stories from the missues after supply teaching in one of the worst schools in Yorkshire...

Welcome to Education Gray!

I too was a 13 week-a-year-hols bod until recently, however, i am now full year staff!

You can't beat it though seriously, i couldnt imagine working anywhere else! Hope you enjoy it buddy!!!

:thumbsup:

Congratulations and good luck :thumbsup:

I'm afraid if it was me dealing with kids I would be reluctant to work 13 weeks with them never mind getting it of as holidays :P :lol:

Im up for any challenge! Iv worked with kids for ages (sweeites! :o :lol: ) Nah, iv worked in various places only voluntarily, but it's great fun and very rewarding. Hard work, but rewarding.

It'll be secondary school kids i'll be dealing with, so less mummy and more motherf**ker! But it's all for a good cause... the better education they get, the more chance they have of not stealing my car!

It's a great start to the new yaer for me and im very much looking forward to it!

Yep clarky... hell of a jump, but i needed a change and this is about as bigger change as i could see!

Thanks everyone again!

It'll be secondary school kids i'll be dealing with, so less mummy and more motherf**ker! But it's all for a good cause... the better education they get, the more chance they have of not stealing my car!

Thanks everyone again!

:lol::lol:

Well done dude :thumbsup: !

Congratulations matey! Sounds excellent and very rewarding.... excellent way to start 2006!

Bring back the cane! :lol::lol:

Does that mean no more famous Graham tuck shops? :crybaby:

Congratulations matey! Sounds excellent and very rewarding.... excellent way to start 2006!

Bring back the cane!  :lol:  :lol:

Does that mean no more famous Graham tuck shops?  :crybaby:

Of course there'll be the tuck shop! I'll just ahve to take one of the subs out now! :lol:

Y'know, if i could, the cane would be back! Brandish some ubiks!

Rather you than me, I've never wanted to teach for a second, it's definately not for me but good luck, I could definately do with those holidays though

How old are the kids mate? I work in a couple of schools as long as you dont show any fear you will be fine  :lol:  :lol:

rofl.gif

Yes, they can smell fear and remember, never look into their eyes. :eek:

Congratulations mate. A great start to 2006 for you. I wish you every luck in the World.

Oh, and as a secondary school teacher, may I just add one thing?...

Welcome to the dark side. devil.gif:lol:

dont think they'll bother hammy!!! hes bigger than me!!! :o

dont think they'll bother hammy!!! hes bigger than me!!! :o

Oh trust me, this is one time when size definitely isn't important!

Don't believe me? Okay, one word.... Gremlins! gremlin.jpg

yeah just dont hand the sweets out, or you'll loose the job :lol:

Most likely... 'c'mon children... sweetie time!' :lol:

dont think they'll bother hammy!!! hes bigger than me!!!  :o

... Just!

Nope... i am indeed rather large. I had a growth spurt when i started eating my dinners..... and everyone elses! :lol: