Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

T-sport Alarm

paddyboy15

Whilst searching thorugh the older forums, i found out, (and i know i should've known beforehand!) that T-Sports come with an alarm as standard.

Good news, I thought.

HOWEVER, for the life of me i cannot get the alarm to go off, i've sat in the car an jumped around, set it, waited a minute then used the key to open the door, shook the car. . . Nothing happens.

Do i actually have an alarm???

And i read about a black box below the driver's seat, shoud i have one of those too???

help me please!!!!

lock car by pressing alarm twice, then move your feet while sat in the car. goes off then. mine will go off if i kick the tyres a fair few times too.

opening the door on double lock defo does it

lock car by pressing alarm twice, then move your feet while sat in the car. goes off then. mine will go off if i kick the tyres a fair few times too.

opening the door on double lock defo does it

That's what i thought, but it doesn't!!! Or am i just not doing it right, i'll go try again now!!!

Just tried all of that again and nothing...

when i took a fust out of the fuse box i got a nice loud beep, but only once!

Any suggestions?

cool, hopefully i'll be able to sort this out soon, i'm actually quite excited. the bloke i bought it from got the car in part-exchange and didn't even know it had an alarm, thus why i was unsure. hopefully i'll start waking the neighbours up soon!!!!

cheers people!!!

cool, hopefully i'll be able to sort this out soon, i'm actually quite excited. the bloke i bought it from got the car in part-exchange and didn't even know it had an alarm, thus why i was unsure. hopefully i'll start waking the neighbours up soon!!!!

cheers people!!!

might be a good idea to check all the fuses

Yup - the T-Sport was the only P1 that had an alarm aas standard. Im pretty sure theres an adjuster screw to make it more sensitive somewhere. Mines came with a book on the alarm I thinK?

Try winding down the drivers window - lock (press once) then try reaching into the car - works on mine.

WOOHOO!!! we have partial success. i managed to get the alarm to go off by mucking about under the bonnet while it was set!!!

However, none of the other tricks work. is the sensitivity too low??? And how do i change it?! Thanks again!

I read on a previous post that the red light by the handbrake should flash when the alarm is activated.

Mine stays on permanently. Is it broken?

The security light? if its that one it stays on for the immobilizer, only goes off when the key is in the ignition

no, in the T-sport you have the imobiliser light on the dash and the alarm one by the handbrake, its the alarm one which stays on. any ideas?

cool, i'll do that as soon as it's light tomorrow. I'll try and make this my final question cos i think i'm beginning to annoy everyone...

When the alarm is armed, the red light by the handbrake remains static. should it flash? and is my alarm screwed?

I dont have a light by the handbrake, thought it was a P2 thing, I cant get the alarm to go off so im guessing i dont have one

MY NEIGHBOURS LOVE ME MINE GOES OFF WHEN I OPEN THE GARAGE DOOR LOL NOT EVERYTIME JUST SEEMS TO GO OFF WHEN IM OFF TO WORK AT 5,30 HEHE I HAVE A P1 T-SPORT AND I DONT KNOW WHY IT DOES IT THOUGH BUT I ALWAYS HAVE A LITTLE SMILE WHEN IM IN THE CAR THINKING ABOUT HOW MANY NEIGHBOURS IVE WOKEN AT THE CRACK OF DAWN HEHHE IM WICKED AINT I (NOT)

Yes it will have an alarm.

Yes the LED in front of the Gear stick should flash when said.

Yes, the alarm should go off when ya have a dance inside it or open a door/bonnet/boot or break a window or stick and arm in..or give it a good kicking.

Yes you can adjust the senstivity as described.

But rest in the knowlege a Car alarm is about as good as a chocolate fireguard.

Let the immobiliser do it's job..at least that is usefull.

If you want a noise maker that everyone ignores then sure have the dealer take a look.

vipes

well, i'm pretty sure mine is screwed as i cant set it off and the light stays on rather than flashing.

If anyone knows why, save me going to my not so nice toyota dealer, please let me know!!!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links