Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Not Happy!

Fidgits

I went to sainsburys for some fuel, no worries you would think, but i didnt notice there was sand on the actual hose, and its scratched my car, badly!

So i went at it with Scratch X and polish, and its a lot better, but they are deep scratches, so you can still seem them....

not a happy bunny!

Sand on the hose? Is that the same stuff they have in buckets to absorb spillages?

Sorry to read that - how annoying (makes note to check hoses from now on!)

I guess if you build up the layers of wax/polish you may be able to hide it? maybe? :unsure:

Sand on the hose? Is that the same stuff they have in buckets to absorb spillages?

Sorry to read that - how annoying (makes note to check hoses from now on!)

yeah i guess so, although i always thought they used soft sand, this really was sharp sand - you should see how deep it cut...

But yeah, the hose was obviously dragged along the floor and picked up a lot...

I guess if you build up the layers of wax/polish you may be able to hide it? maybe? :unsure:

Its pretty deep - i've given it a scratch X and layer of wax, much improved, but you can still see it... maybe over time i can gradually fade it! :yes::thumbsup:

That blows mate! Are we not safe anywhere?! :!Removed!:

I used to work in a Sainsburys petrol station as a youf and we used sharp sand not the soft stuff, I should know as I was the lucky boy who got to lug it all over from Homebase!!!

I'll be keeping an eye out for that in the future :yes:

Get some 2000 grade wet and dry and rub it till you cant see the scratches.

Then polish it back up with some cutting compound then wax.

Be good as new.

Never touches when i fill up!Did you use the hose on the other side to the filler cap?Hope you can get it out!

CB :thumbsup:

You fool boi.. never let the hose touch the car man!.. :blink: Hope it aint as bad as you think though.. give it some good lovin and rubbing of that special stuff... :thumbsup: