Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Stripping.

daktari

Hey all. I`m thinking of getting rid of some more weight off the GT4. It`s now down to a not quite so lardy 1283KG but i`m now thinking of removing most of the interior. Seats, rear belts, carpet etc. In fact anything thats not strictly necessary without making it illegal. :)

Has anyone else done this on their cars? How far have you gone? How much of a weight saving is there?

TIA

Dak :thumbsup:

you should be able to shave off at least 50 kg by removing the following

extra seats

carpets

spare wheel

stereo and Speakers

door cards

glove box

should make the car, go,handle and brake noticeably better. try losing some weight yourself ;) :lol:

you should be able to shave off at least 50 kg by removing the following

extra seats

carpets

spare wheel

stereo and speakers

door cards

glove box

should make the car, go,handle and brake noticeably better. try losing some weight yourself ;) :lol:

Waddya mean :eek: i`m trim me........ Sort of. :unsure:

AS said, seats... (get a lightweight bucket if you can) spare wheel, stereo, Speakers, door cards, rear quarter trim, capets, centre console, tool kit /jack.

If you want to go really silly, replace sides and rear windows with perspex, remove window motors, remove sunroof (if fitted) roof lining, scraping up the sound deadening makes a fair difference too!!

Some peopler cut small sections out of the front and rear bumper supprts (they are like big iron girders!)

Also rememebr ever gram of rotating mass is equal to 10g of static mas.. so light weight wheels are good!

I am tempted to put my supra ona diet... (1500 kg plus!) but I like the interior as it is!!! (although the drivers seat alone does weigh 25 kg!)

so far on the rolla i have stripped back to a bare Shell for a respray.

i have junked all the rear trim and seats. replaced the fronts with carbon kevlar items, removed all the asphalt sheets from the floor and will be replacing all non stressed bolts with alloy items.

also gone are the boot lock (key bit) rear wiper and replaced the door mirrors with lightweight items. ill then remove all unneeded wires and go on a diet my self

my rear seats, carpets tear side trim, door cards, roof lining, spare wheel (can of foam instead). have gone

carbon bonnet on order, 2kg of wing mirrors removed + replaced with wafer thin carbon f1 mirrors

plan is new seats, remove the sunroof, airbags,some of dash, aircon system, side impact bars + some of the steel from the inside of the doors + boot lid + windows replaced with carbon, then weigh it back up with a roll cage :P

OH AND GO ON I DIET! before anyone says................

i wouldnt remove the door impact bars, they add more benifit staying there, for sure

depending how serious you are about weight loss, im happy to assist

Top gear did something with an xjs (the same one that saw stig mk1 flying off a boat) - they stripped it to compare 0-60 times they had all the lights and exterior trim off and it did about 2 seconds quicker thats all

yeah then they raced it against a lambo, 911 turbo, ferarri etc & it got whooped, so they got wizards of NOS in + the only one that gave it a run for its money was the 911 :P

Top gear did something with an xjs (the same one that saw stig mk1 flying off a boat) - they stripped it to compare 0-60 times they had all the lights and exterior trim off and it did about 2 seconds quicker thats all

2 seconds is a lot. Assuming the lardy old XJS 0-60 is about 10 seconds thats a fifth.

A fifth off my current 0-60 would put me dear old four in the low 5`s :D

Thanks for the info guys. I`ll be making a list.

Matt might need your advice at some stage mate. :thumbsup:

2 seconds is a lot. Assuming the lardy old XJS 0-60 is about 10 seconds thats a fifth.

A fifth off my current 0-60 would put me dear old four in the low 5`s :D

Thanks for the info guys. I`ll be making a list.

Matt might need your advice at some stage mate. :thumbsup:

lol looking at it that way it is alot - good luck

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links