Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Vibration From Speakers

Akshay

Thanks for the tip, vipperroom112.

I have Alpine SPS170A coaxials. They come with a grille but I didnt fit this because I thought it might contribute to the vibrations. Do you think the grilles will add to or reduce vibration?

cheers

Hey just wanna say i have the same Speakers as you and i have dynamate fitted as well which made the vibrations worse! mainly cause i think it pushes the speaker against the door panel.

im still tryin to figure outa way to solve it but no ideas yet?

Maybe you fitted the dynamat wrongly? If its fitted correctly there is no way it can make the vibrations worse! It supposed to be fitted to the metal of the door as far as i understand.

Maybe you fitted the dynamat wrongly? If its fitted correctly there is no way it can make the vibrations worse! It supposed to be fitted to the metal of the door as far as i understand.

yea i fitted it there but having done that i pushed it closer to the door panel and thast what is causing the vibrations in the 1st place ! i mean i took the door panel off and its fine in fact the music is really good but when i put it on it vibrates like anything.

my only idea is to make a speaker holder out of MDF and make it less depth than the autoleads one ? but i gotta make sure it dont smack the window when its down!

O right sorry for the misunderstanding. That must just be to unusually deep Speakers knocking as the support flexes when you play your music. Best of luck with sorting it out. Shouldn't be too hard!

EDIT: Had quick thought, maybe a make shift spacer for the Speakers would help move it further away from the door if thats what needs doing (from what i understand)

yeah well I have the autoleads adaptors for mine. I ordered the yaris ones but like someone else in the forum the adaptors werent right for the car so I just cut them instead of sending them back. I think it is the kind of thing that could easily go in the wrong package in the factory.

My Speakers are a lot better now. I am not sure how much they touch the grille because if i look through with lots of light I can see a fair distance. Its not the depth as much as it is the height of the tweater mount/height of speaker above the adaptor.

Let me know if you fix your rattle!!

Thanks

I had the same problem ... so i scrapped the autoleads adaptor and made two rings with mdf that fit real nice ! I just used 1/4" thick mdf and it helped !!!!

David