Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yaris 1.3

Starensis

Just purchased 1.3 Colour collection 05 plate with 7200 miles, for the wife. Just wanted to know what experiencies you have with this car & if I need to look out for any problems.

Looks a nice car. Has A/C, Front fogs, E/W, CD, Rear spoiler, alloys to name a few.

Paid £7500 ( ex-demo) but was initially up for £7995. From what I've seen in Parkers & Glass guide, it is about the right money.

My only disappointment is that it only has a 2-speaker sound system.

Appreciate your thoughts.....

:thumbsup:

That's quite high mileage for an 05 plate but where it's an ex-demo it's not unheard of!

We have a 1.3 Yaris Blue, owned since March 05 now has approx 8400 miles on and have no problems with it. The engine is nippy and responsive, average fuel consumption is in the 43 mpg average and lasts for 330 miles I find.

The Yaris Blue is the same as the Colour Collection too give or take a few very minor details.

firstly welcome to TOC yaris :group-cuddles:

you have not got anything to watch out for really with a yaris,

most likely you'll hear rattles n squeeks but they are normal :lol:

nothing to worry about.

its a 4 speaker system 2 in door 2 in dash,

6 Speakers was an option.

kimi x

Doesnt sound like incredibly high mileage to me..... not if its an early 05 (March) - 7500 is quite average in that respect.

You'll find the engine very peppy and you shouldnt have any problems with the car - but as Kimi says, you may hear occasional squeeks and rattles - but these shouldnt concern you.

Best of luck - excellent choice of car! :thumbsup:

I guess its because its only a little car! It was the smallest model at the time and comparing it to other small cars some even have 2 Speakers. So it aint that bad for a little car really but yeah like in my brothers car, in the back when you only have front Speakers its a real pain!

Thanks for all your replies & sorry I haven't reponded sooner. Out on the P*ss last night!

It was registered in April, hence the 7000 miles. I'm getting the 10k service thrown in, as well as 4 months road tax already on it.

Did notice the drivers mirror could not be moved. Salesperson blamed the -4 degrees weather, but I advised him to ensure it works correctly before I pick it up.

Hope my wife enjoys it as much as you all appear to have so far...........

So there are 4 Speakers? What is the sound system like? Didn't get chance to give it a blast when test driving it.

Thanks for all your replies & sorry I haven't reponded sooner.  Out on the P*ss last night!

It was registered in April, hence the 7000 miles.  I'm getting the 10k service thrown in, as well as 4 months road tax already on it.

Did notice the drivers mirror could not be moved.  Salesperson blamed the -4 degrees weather, but I advised him to ensure it works correctly before I pick it up.

Hope my wife enjoys it as much as you all appear to have so far...........

So there are 4 speakers?  What is the sound system like?  Didn't get chance to give it a blast when test driving it.

I realised after I posted earlier that yeah if it was an early 05 then that's average!

Never had a problem with the drivers mirror not moving (the rear view one) so hopefully it was just the weather!

Yes there are 4 Speakers, 2 in the door and 2 in the corner of the dash at the corner of the windscreen by the door pillars. Sound System is fine for me but then all I want it for is just to play cd's - not into heavy bass or anything. I really do think it's personal choice..some people think it's terrible, others - like me and Em find it fine for what it does.

The sound system is fine for me as well, must be a lad thing with the upgrades!

Haha yeah could well be although Blaze has got an additional install and she's female! :lol:

If you girlies are happy with it....then my wife should be.

If she's not......too bad!! :)

Cheers.

Welcome to the club, good choice of car you've made there, post some pictures if you can. A lot of people (including me) have got Speakers in the back of their car, I'm pretty happy with the sound quality in mine, just need some extra bass so I'll be sorting that in the future.

Welcome to the club, good choice of car you've made there, post some pictures if you can. A lot of people (including me) have got speakers in the back of their car, I'm pretty happy with the sound quality in mine, just need some extra bass so I'll be sorting that in the future.

Been a club member for a while now as I own an Avensis......for my sins.

Wife had a RAV previously but sold it due to fuel consumption reasons.

Now she will have a Yaris...........for quite a few years!!

It's fine for listening to your music just normally but if you want some bass and some pretty loud music then you'll upgrade like me! I can't see your wife wanting anything else though mate, it does its intended job well! :thumbsup:

It's fine for listening to your music just normally but if you want some bass and some pretty loud music then you'll upgrade like me! I can't see your wife wanting anything else though mate, it does its intended job well! :thumbsup:

What is your upgrade Ryan? Have you just added rear spearkers or have you changed front Speakers as well?

Just interested for future reference......

:thumbsup:

Welcome to the club, good choice of car you've made there, post some pictures if you can. A lot of people (including me) have got speakers in the back of their car, I'm pretty happy with the sound quality in mine, just need some extra bass so I'll be sorting that in the future.

Lol, so you have :ffs: :wacko::bye:

What is your upgrade Ryan?  Have you just added rear spearkers or have you changed front speakers as well?

Sony headunit, Sony front components (Speakers in doors and tweeters in dash) and Sony 6x9's on the rear shelf! Sounds pretty decent imo! :thumbsup:

Still keeping it "Toyota" then :thumbsup:

As mentioned please get photo's if you can :yes:

What is your upgrade Ryan?  Have you just added rear spearkers or have you changed front speakers as well?

Sony headunit, Sony front components (Speakers in doors and tweeters in dash) and Sony 6x9's on the rear shelf! Sounds pretty decent imo! :thumbsup:

So how do you replace factory fitted unit? Looks pretty unique to me & awkward to replace.

Looks pretty straightforward with the correct kit.

I have fitted loads of Units in my dim & distant past. Never done a Yaris though.

How does your Trip display react to having a different Audio unit fitted? Does it still display station info or is that now on you new unit only?

Is it worth the cost?? I would think that lot cost IRO £250.

:blink:

BTW.....Happy new year to you all!

How does your Trip display react to having a different Audio unit fitted?  Does it still display station info or is that now on you new unit only?

Is it worth the cost??   I would think that lot cost IRO £250.

It doesn't say tape or radio anymore or show the station, it only gives you the information for mpg etc. The station info is now on your new unit! :)

I dunno what IRO means but for the improved sound quality I feel an after-market headunit is a must! :thumbsup:

You can also put your new unit underneath the exisiting tape/CD player though! :yes: