Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Petrol Problems

knowlson

I have been trying to get some optimax or bp ultimate or some high octane petrol since tuesday of this week last night I asked a Shell garage near my when they where going to get some in the guy said 2-3 months!!!!!! :eek: Since then I have tried 2 other Shell garages 2 bp and an esso!!! All these garges also have problems with diesel!!

It seems that in my area there is a petrol problem. I also checked out a tesco and a Jet garage this morning they seem to have problems with normal unleaded and diesel also!!

So at the moment I am having to run my car on 95 Ron and I might have todo this for the next couple of months!!

But my question is will my 4agze start to have problems as I have never run it with 95 Ron for more then 1 day before I was able to fill up with a higher octane!!

Should be okay as long as you don't push it .. the Octane only becomes relivant at high boost or high temps.

I actually ran out of petrol the other day .. Had to get friends to bomb about with jerry cans ..

You will get pinking. The day I picked up my Rolla after the conversion I put 95 ron in it and it pinked badly even on light loads - I haven't used it since. Your GZE ECU is set up to use 100 ron Japanese fuel so dropping down to 95 is not going to be nice for it. The knock sensor should stop any detonation occurring but I'd take it easy just in case. You could always disconnect the charger and run it normally aspirated until you can get some better fuel - it's no fun driving it like that but it would be better than an broken engine.

I have been trying to get some optimax or bp ultimate or some high octane petrol since tuesday of this week last night I asked a shell garage near my when they where going to get some in the guy said 2-3 months!!!!!!  :eek:  Since then I have tried 2 other shell garages 2 bp and an esso!!! All these garges also have problems with diesel!!

It seems that in my area there is a petrol problem. I also checked out a tesco and a Jet garage this morning they seem to have problems with normal unleaded and diesel also!!

Can't comment on issues around running on 95Ron, but so you know its because of the Oil Refinery Explosion the other week. Everywhere below the invisble North / South devide is having problems with fuel.

Easy fix though, move up North where everything's better! :P

In Chesham there has been very little unleaded fuel for a couple of weeks now.

Down the road in Amersham and Chorleywood there is more unleaded but less Optimax.

It was reported that the explosion would only affect supplies of fuel for Airlines at Heathrow but clearly something is stopping the fuel getting to the forecourts?!

Yet in Chorleywood thankfully the price is still relatively cheap for unleaded at 85.9p per litre. Frankly I would pay more to get it for sure in my home town rather than risk driving 5 miles.

It could just be deliveries over the Christmas period but I agree it is a coincidence that so many forecourts are running out so soon after the explosion at Hemel (5 or 6 miles away).

you in chorley robie? my mate ives there and runs the pensylvanian in ricky

anyways most refineries have started to concentrate on rebuilding the supplies of aviation fule so limiting production on other fuels ie optimax

id drop some octane booster in bud to ensure theres enough in there mate

not our fault we use 'student petrol'

Right 95 Ron it is with a bit of Octane Boster. And if it starts pinking a bit too much I will disconnect the charger :(

rhaines not been in fleet for 2 years dude :lol:

Tesco Lakeside had 99Ron Petrol when we went there earlier this week actually, but then it is still on trial as far as I know.

Also noted that Sainsbury's do 97 Octane now too, not sure how long this has been going for though.

you in chorley robie? my mate ives there and runs the pensylvanian in ricky

anyways most refineries have started to concentrate on rebuilding the supplies of aviation fule so limiting production on other fuels ie optimax

I live in Chesham and work in Rickmansworth, chorleywood Shell garage near the M25 junction is the cheepest petrol in the area for me.

I haven't heard of the pensylvanian,,, Im a postie so really should have I suppose. :eek:

I was down near Leighton Buzzard/ Bedfordshire at the weekend... and tried to get optimax for my trip back up north... nothing... not a sausage... went on to motorway see if they had any... not a sausage :(...

So had to fill her up with 95 stuff... now ok.. she is a UK car... so not quite the same... but I noticed the difference when she was running cold... once she warmed up it wasnt noticeable... but definately a little rougher (have reset ECU for optimax) ... so now back oop narth.. and fileld her up.. she is a much happier beasty :)

No problems with fuel anywhere along the M4 :) Filling up with Tesco 99 as per usual :thumbsup:

No problems with Optimax in Cambridgeshire......................not that I use it :ph34r:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links