Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Too Good To Be True?

bhinderharminder

Hi all,

i'am looking for a new pc for around £500, i went searching on good old eBay this morning and i came accross this

ebay link

its a goodish spec pc for lttle money, i think anyway, the seller has thousands of good ratings, but is the auction doggy?

Cheers

We have all Dell machines at work,great until they break down,Dell use their own wiring system so a normal power supply and motherboard will not fit them.We had a machine fail and they wanted £75.00 plus vat for a power supply and over £150.00 plus vat for a motherboard !!!!!! and they were nothing special in terms of performance.We had the on-site warranty and they told us they would not come out,we had to sent back to them if it was to be repaired,total waste of money for what they advertised as a business service in my opinion.

We have all Dell machines at work,great until they break down,Dell use their own wiring system so a normal power supply and motherboard will not fit them.We had a machine fail and they wanted £75.00 plus vat for a power supply and over £150.00 plus vat for a motherboard !!!!!! and they were nothing special in terms of performance.We had the on-site warranty and they told us they would not come out,we had to sent back to them if it was to be repaired,total waste of money for what they advertised as a business service in my opinion.

i use dell's at college, there good value for money but we also have loads of problems with them.

what about this one?

Clicky

Clicky

Edited by bhinderharminder

1st computer you mentioned seems genuine anyway. I'm willing to bet that most of the stuff (graphics, sound, etc) is built into the motherboard, thus why it's cheap.

Ditto with the 2nd one mentioned.

Dell are another way to go, they are pretty cheap and do work well, the reliability of them are pretty good (with the exeption of the GX270 systems which have a bit of a motherboard issue, this is also true of the GX280 but to a much lesser extent ). The onsite warrenty that they do is pretty good, they only go with a collect and return option if they really aren't sure what the exact problem is. And there support has really come on a lot in the past year (that is from the view of there business support line).

Might be worth a look at this site,local to me and dont sell "cheap" bits but good bits at reasonable prices, just built a base system with bits from them yesterday including : 200GB h.drive,1Gb ddr memory,AMD sempron 64 1.6Ghz cpu,asus m/board came to roughly £210, http://www.overclockers.co.uk

For £500 i can supply a HP dc5100 with a 17" TFT - but only to business customers unfortunatly.

if i were you bhinderharminder i'd stick with HP or Dell machines.

J

What are you going to use it for? i'll see what i can supply :thumbsup:

J

surfing, listening to music, college work and playing the odd game

can a mod put DELL in the swear filter please, :lol:

it's offensive to me, i cannot wait till the last of my clients gets rid of them

too right pieces of cr4p. actually im getting one of these computers next month. great value for money and a 19" tft