Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Icon Superchip?

turdziGTI

Hi everyone.

I am new on this forum.

I am lucky owner of corolla GT-i 16 mkII with 4AGE small port engine.During last few months I' ve done some mods like free flow exhaust and cold air filter.

At the moment I am considering purchase of icon superchip.Can anyone share with me his experience about using this device.Is it good value(read-noticeable encrese of performance) for the pice?

Cheers

I don't really rate them as they are not tuneable ..

But I fitted something like this (infact, I think it was one) to Lord Ed's ST202. And the thing was noticably quicker and more responsive.

i had one on the rolla before the conversion. did make it pull harder around 4000 rpm but felt flatter further up. noticed a drop in top end speed too.

bibbs i have heard rumours that they are programmable but haven seen any thing to back em up.

not sure how much they are (mine was about £200 4years ago) but IMO i would put the money toward a mappable ecu. depends what your after really.remember that the icon is basicaly foolin the ecu to give more power

had one on my 4age ae82 ran fine before put it on developed a missfire change dizzy coil ht leads etc still there took it of and was fine woudnt recomend think there programable,if you wanna do it buy a nice ecu :D

Hello people i'm another new one to this forum.

I've got the icon chip any idea of how to fit this as I dont have no instructions for it ?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links