Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How Do They Justify This.......

Jamesb4uk

Now before anyone comments - i'm all in favour of keeping the Uk's roads safe.

But out of curiosity i loaded the Speed camera database into Autoroute.

i was shocked when 7800 items were imported.

Speedcameras.jpg

Now this is a database of all speed tracking camera's in the UK - including SPECS, mobile, gatso & redlight

how can they justify this??

there are - 3700+ Gatso cameras, 100 Specs, 1000 Redlight & nearly 3000 mobile cameras...

J

It wouldn't even be so bad if the money went back into our roads!!!!!!

And they'll all be upgraded with number-plate reading magic beans, so they'll know exactly where you are, what journey's you've done in the past two years, your average speed between two points, whether you have tax and insurance, and that you spent a suspicious amount of time in a layby on the A34 during a journey home with your wife on your aniversary.

In 2007, the F.P.S or 'fun prevention squad' will be formed, who'll be flown in during enjoyment emergencies, and will take control by administering mind altering drugs that turn you into a docile rule following zombie.

Then peace will reign and society will rejoice with a small understated cheer. yay.

See the nice little gap with no camera in North Yorkshire........lol thats where I live! No people only the odd speeding sheep!!!!

Why do you feel they need justification for this?

They are there to "save lives" .. end of ..

Nothing AT ALL to do with raising money ..

Why do you feel they need justification for this?

They are there to "save lives" .. end of ..

Nothing AT ALL to do with raising money ..

i hope thats said with your usual sarcastic tone :rolleyes:

I dont have the numbers to hand (but can get them) that prove, although Avon and somerset have increased the number of speed cameras and Camera vans over the last 2 years - the number of accidents, which had a trend of falling in the early 90's, has now been reveresed and is climbing year-on-year since the introduction of said cameras...

How DARE you think I'm sarcastic .. (dman, there I go again).

Stop the world I wanna get off ..

How DARE you think I'm sarcastic .. (dman, there I go again).

Stop the world I wanna get off ..

no ones stopping you - hell, some of us would push :lol::lol::lol:

(just kidding mate ;) )

Um... What you've actualy shown there are all the camera location and all of the possible locations for the mobile camera vans. Up here the only static cameras are for the limited number of level crossings - definitely a road safety benefit rather than a cash cow... Otherwise, all of the locations north of the word "Scotland" and west of the end of the word "Inverness" are the possible locations for, I think, 2 vans.

Not totally representative for up here nor for much of Scotland (apart from Edinburgh where they're every 10 metres :rolleyes: )

A

I'm going to go and live in one of the Green bits - I assume they are National Parks....

Cats will enjoy it there! :lol::lol:

no ones stopping you - hell, some of us would push  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

(just kidding mate ;) )

take a ticket and get in the queue, you cant just jump to the front like that :P

Um... What you've actualy shown there are all the camera location and all of the possible locations for the mobile camera vans.

A

Good point - but that still adds up to Over 5000 static cameras mate

J

I hope that little gap in the middle is for N.oxfordshire, as there aren't that many fixed/ mobile cameras round here at all...